12) October 11: Yes! Boobs!

11 October, 2011

            I decided to take a mental health day.  I woke up when Niall’s alarm went off and collapsed back into my cocoon of warm blankets, pillows, and Niall.  He stirred next to me and I groaned inwardly. 

            “School,” Niall grumbled groggily.

            “No school,” I murmured.

            “I have a test in maths,” he groaned.  I made a frustrated noise.  “You can stay here.  I’ll be back after school.”

            I made some unintelligible noises.  He rolled out of bed and started to get ready.  I listened to him get ready with my eyes closed and I could hear him sorting through some drawers and his wardrobe.  I had half a mind to peer out of the cracks of my eyes and be a total voyeur creeper and watch him change.  I refrained, though.  Tempting.  Very tempting.

            It took him a grand total of ten minutes to get ready.  He knelt on the bed and brushed some hair out of my face.  I cracked open an eye and was momentarily caught off guard by how good he looked.  I probably looked like a tractor accident.

            “Stay here as long as you need,” he offered.  “I’ll come back as soon as I can.”

            “Okay,” I agreed, feeling warm and tingly. “Tell the others I’m sorry I couldn’t be there today.”

            “I will,” he said.  “Get some sleep.  I’ll see you soon.”

            He kissed my forehead and left.  I went back to sleep smiling.

            I woke up a few hours later.  I stayed in bed for a moment, savoring the feeling of the cozy blankets and the smell of Niall.  I thought about how weird it was that I was sleeping in his bed without him even being home and hoped his aunt wouldn’t walk in or something.  But Niall wasn’t kidding when he said his aunt wasn’t home much. 

            I got out of bed and debated the pros and cons of taking a shower.  The pros were that I would be clean, refreshed, and I would have something to work with appearance wise.  The cons were that I felt weird showering in anyone else’s shower, but add to the fact that the person wasn’t even home made me feel even weirder.  I consoled myself by noting that Niall shouldn’t even be home for another couple of hours. Even still, it took me a good twenty minutes to finally turn on the shower.

            I took a really quick shower, just enough time to wash my hair, wash my face, and scrub my body.  I didn’t dawdle like I normally do in the shower.  It wasn’t until I turned off the shower and dried off with a towel that I considered the problem of what I was going to wear.  I could put on my clothes from the day before but if I didn’t have to, I didn’t want to.  It became obvious pretty quickly that I did have to. 

            I walked back into Niall’s room in my towel and grabbed my clothes.  I lifted them and smelled them.  They weren’t horrendously dirty considering I had showered the day before in the afternoon.  But I had still spent a good amount of time outside on a dirty swing. 

            The door swung open and I shrieked and wrapped the towel more tightly around me.  I was convinced it was his aunt and I knew this looked awfully suspicious.  I opened my mouth to defend myself but it snapped shut when I saw it was Niall in the doorway, not his aunt.  Instead of feeling embarrassed or anything normal, I felt guilty.  It was quite obvious I had just taken a shower and I didn’t want to impose.  I felt like a kid with her hand caught in the cookie jar.