6) September 9 & 10: Shrek and Exorcist Offspring [The Party]

September 9, 2011

            Charlotte has informed me that I’m writing my date “wrong.”  I should be labeling these entries like 9/9/11.  Okay, that was useless.  Doesn’t help I decided to get a clue when the day that matches the month.  Okay, so for tomorrow’s date, it should read 10/9/11.  Like day, month, and year. 

            Anyway, first official day on the hockey team.  Practice kicked my ass.  If I thought the sprints were hard in the tryout, I was sorely mistaken.  Emphasis on the sore.  I kind of like being on the team, though.

            Assembly was pointless.

            Niall sat with me in Geography.  Well, he sat where he always sits but he beckoned for me to join him when I walked into the room.  Liam was already surrounded by girls in math but he smiled and waved.  Niall and I talked about the party that night in French class.  We also conversed in French, the language.  He said a lot of complex things that I knew had to be excitement for the party and I just said a lot of “très, très excité.”

            I walked with Niall to lunch which was fortunate because I felt most comfortable with him thus far.  Especially since he normally did most of the talking and he didn’t seem to mind that I nodded a lot.

            I wish I could say lunch was particularly interesting, but, alas, it was not.  The boys’ oglers arrived earlier than the day before so I was only allowed a solid minute or two of conversation before I shunned by the excited girls.  I talked to Camilla, Fiona, and them about the party that night.  They told me to just head over as soon as I was done with tutoring.

            I’m in tutoring now. 

            I’m nervous about tonight.  I’ve heard enough stories about Jessica’s parties in the past to know the night will at least be extremely eventful.  But I must say, I’ve never been to a party where people are openly having sex or streaking down the road.  I’m not sure my virgin eyes can handle this.

            So far my plan is to stick close to Camilla all night because she’s become my comfort blanket.  But, oh god.  What if she’s one of the ones having sex or streaking?  Walk if I somehow get stuck alone in a room with a guy I’ve never met and everyone else in the entire party is having sex and expects me to have sex? 

            I can’t do this. 

10 September, 2011 (?)

            I did it.

            Oh my god.

            So I finished with tutoring and headed over to Jessica’s.  I was kind of in a hurry to get there which was a poor decision because she lives a good deal farther from school than I do so I was panting like a crazy person when I reached her door.  Then I had the ever-worrying debate about whether to knock or just walk right in.  My fist hovered over the door for a solid minute before I just decided to knock. 

            “It’s open!” someone (probably Jessica) called. 

            I walked inside and gawked. Her house didn’t look like much from the outside, but it was the perfect party house.  She and Fiona were busy moving furniture aside while Karen and Camilla were hiding valuables.  There was a bar room equipped with every type of alcohol under the sun.  Music was blaring from speakers all around the house and everyone was dancing while they worked.

            The atmosphere was so lively.

            “Oh, good!” Jessica breathed and wiped her brow with the back of her hand.  At least I wasn’t the only one out of breath.  “Bailey, do you mind helping to clean up the game room a bit?”