32) I Mean DAMN: Part Tres

9 June, 2012, later

            Okay I take back what I said about Harry. 

            He practically ran into the room and tripped over the suitcase on the floor in his haste.

            “What are you doing mate?” Niall asked.

            “I wanted to talk to you guys but I was scared to text or call,” he explained.

            “Why?” I asked.

            “Maybe they tapped our phones.”

            “I don’t think they tapped our phones,” I shook my head.

            “And then I though they might have spies in the hall so I made Gemma create a distraction and then ran over here.”

            “Do I even want to know?” Niall asked.

            “Look, the real question here is, what are we doing to do?” Harry asked. 

            “Paul is talking to management,” I explained.

            “I don’t care about management,” Harry said bitterly.  “They’re going to try and spin it in our favor and leave Bee hanging.  We need to do something.”

            “My thoughts as well,” Niall nodded.

            “It’s kind of up to you,” Harry shrugged.

            “Why me?” Niall asked blankly.

            “I don’t want to discredit what you’ve been through,” Harry said sheepishly.  “I don’t want to belittle your experience by acting like it never happened.”

            “That was ages ago,” Niall rolled his eyes.  “I’ve recovered.  We all have.  Besides, it’s no one’s business but ours.  I don’t want to people that never even met Bee to hate her.  I love her no matter what.  I don’t want to see her treated this way.”

            No, it’s cool.  I’m not sitting right next to you or anything.  Keep talking about me like I’m not here.

            “Then you know what has to happen,” Harry said.

            “Yeah.  It might be hard, but…”

            “We can do it,” Harry said confidently. 

            “What are you guys talking about?” I interjected.

            “Deny the whole thing,” Niall shrugged.

            “You’re kidding,” I said uncertainly.

            “Not kidding,” Harry shook his head. 

            “Bee, you don’t need the abuse.  This is the best way to handle it,” Niall said.

            “Okay,” I said slowly.  “How are you going to convince people?”

            “I think you underestimate our power,” Harry smirked.

            “I think you underestimate the fans’ love for you guys,” I countered.

            “Just watch,” Harry said.

            I felt bad that the boys were wasting precious family time on me but I appreciated it so much.  And I did kind of underestimate the power the boys had.  Harry sent out a simple Tweet disclaiming the spread.  His tweet said something like, “Saw the magazine with Bee.  Not sure what Karen is trying to do but I can say now that it’s not true.  Don’t believe everything you read.”  Then Niall sent a Tweet that said something like, “Rumors are never fun! Especially FALSE ones that hurt people I love.  Don’t believe the hype.”

            And even though the other boys were in their own respective rooms, they sent their own tweets to back up Harry and Niall.  It was a unified powerhouse on my side and it made me emotional. Like, everyone knew the truth and yet here they were, sticking up for me. 

            My favorite tweets came from Camilla and Fiona, though.  Camilla said something like, “As someone that has known Karen for years (too long), I can honestly say she’s grubbing for attention.  Don’t ever use her as a credible source.”  And then Fiona said, “Karen is just bitter that we all realized what kind of a person she is and ditched her.  She’s obviously immature and petty.  Love you, Bee!”

            Then Harry and Niall helped me compose my own tweet.  We decided something lighthearted was in order to show everyone how “cool” I am.  So I wrote, “Check out the exclusive next week where I go on a panty raid with the queen! Pictures to follow.”  Then Harry came up with the brilliant plan to put Niall in an old woman’s wig and pass him off as the queen.  Harry said it would prove to everyone that everything really is fine between Niall and I.  So Harry pawned a wig off their stylist.  Then he forced it onto Niall’s head and I handed Niall a loose dress to put on over his own clothes. 

            Then Harry took the picture of Niall and I going through Fiona’s suitcase.  Harry posted it to his account to prove we were all friends still.  He captioned it “Queen and Bee Steal Knickers.” 

            While it was just the beginning, I felt giddy and light.  No matter what anyone says and no matter what happens, I can always truly say these people are my friends and they care about me.  That’s a pretty great feeling.  It really is.

            By the way, Niall had a great time with his family and they all have something planned again tonight. 

10 June, 2012

            On the neverending plane home.  Everyone piled into the reserved hotel restaurant this morning.  Everyone told me their own stories about how fans were responding wickedly to their tweets and that things would be better in no time.  It was nice seeing the boys with their families. I had seen Niall with his family but this was the first time I reallysaw the boys with their families.  Everyone looked so happy and relaxed.  My heart was warm as I watched them.

            Then Niall’s family wanted to walk the beach one last time so Niall and I had his room to ourselves…if you know what I mean.  Then we just sat and talked and hugged and enjoyed the other’s company. 

            The boys took us to the airport so we said our goodbyes there.  Paparazzi were swarming but not one of them asked me about the magazine or anything so yay! Our goodbyes were tearful and I couldn’t seem to let Niall go.  Finally we got one last kiss before boarding this flight. 

            I am so content right now.  I just hope Karen isn’t waiting for me at the airport.  Youknow that bitch would kill me if she could.  Because when One Direction speaks, fans listen. And when One Direction indirectly calls Karen a liar, and when fans assume Karen hurt their precious boys, they get cray.

            I know this from personal experience.

            I can’t wait to see my dad and HAgrid.  I think Chase might even be home.      

            OH HAPPY DAY!