31) I Mean DAMN: Part Deux

7 June, 2012

            Weirdly enough, we all managed to come to Australia at the perfect time in the boys’ stay.  They had a fair amount of business to take care of but they also had a good amount of time off.  All of the parents went off to their meeting with management, leaving the girlfriends and siblings to tend for ourselves. 

            We met in the lobby and all of the guys gave me a hearty thank you and hug.  I’m glad they’re so appreciative but I wish everyone would stop acting like this was all my doing. 

            The guys, the girlfriends, the ten sisters, and Greg all gathered in the lobby to figure everything out.  It was nice not having to hide the fact that I was with Niall because it made everything so much easier.  This was my first official outing with Niall as his girlfriend and I was excited.  The guys told us that they had plans to go to the animal park that day.  A few more cars were arranged for us and I braced myself to walk out of the hotel where hundreds of fans were waiting. 

            Louis went first since he had the biggest party.  Louis held his youngest sisters, Daisy and Phoebe, in his arms.  Fiona stuck close to Lottie and Felicite.  Louis had three security guards to ensure the safety of everyone.  I watched as they walked off and felt anxious.  I knew Louis would never let anything happen to his sisters, even if he didn’t have two security guards with him, but still. 

            Zayn went next with his three sisters.  Then Liam with his two sisters and Camilla.  I smiled fondly at the way Liam guided Camilla by resting his hand on her lower back.  I loved them as a couple so much.  Anyway, Harry and Gemma were next.  Niall, Greg, and I were last.  Niall smiled brightly at me and grabbed my hand.  I returned the smile and intertwined our fingers. 

            The moment we stepped outside the screams from the fans disoriented me.  They weren’t yelling.  They weren’t shouting.  They were screaming.  And it’s one thing if maybe a couple dozen people are screaming.  It’s a whole other situation if hundreds of people are screaming.  And the screaming was just the first part of it.  There was also a bombardment of flashes as people from all angles took pictures.  I was blinded and deafened within two seconds of being outside.  The scariest part was actually walking.  I had Niall and Greg on either side of me, and two security guards hovering, but I was honestly terrified.  Fans were reaching out and trying to hold onto anything and anyone that they could. 

            I looked over to Niall who was handling everything with ease and grace.  He was smiling at every fan he passes and waved to everyone.  He apologized to the fans nearest to him for not being able to stop.  How was he not freaking the hell out?  Okay, yeah, he had been doing this a lot longer and, sure, most fans would rather dive in front of a moving train than hurt a hair on Niall’s head, but still.  It’s definitely overwhelming. 

            Niall looked over to me and caught me staring at him. 

            “You okay?” he asked, though I couldn’t actually hear him because it was too loud. 

            “It’s crazy!” was my response. 

            He laughed and removed his hand from mine.  I panicked for a second, thinking that the last thing I wanted was to let go of him, but then he wrapped that arm around my waist and brought me closer to him.  I was a hot mess of giddiness and gratitude.  We smiled at each other and I found it easier to handle the chaos.  I even managed to wave and smile at a few people screaming my name.  Madness.

            The security guards ushered Niall and I into a car with Zayn and his sisters.  The door closed behind us and I let out the most unattractive, most uninhibited laugh.  Everyone stared at me like I was crazy but I didn’t care.  I was overwhelmed.