27) Simon Says: Part Deux

We made sure we brought our cameras to take pictures of the band on set.  We were really excited about it. 

            There was a hoard of girls already around the beach, taking pictures and waiting.  The guys were hanging around talking to each other while the lighting was perfected.  Some girls came close to us and started a conversation.

            “Who’s your favorite?” one girl asked.

            “Niall,” I said automatically.

            “Liam,” Camilla grinned.

            “Louis,” Fiona said.

            “Are you two from England?” the girl asked.

            “Oh yes,” Camilla nodded.  “We followed them here.”

            “Okay, stalker,” the girl snorted and walked away.  We laughed to ourselves.  We positioned ourselves and lazily took pictures as we watched the guys.  At one point, Zayn looked over at us and did a double take.  Precious, innocent Zayn smiled and waved at us before Liam punched him.  We pretended to have a girlish fit of excitement and we jumped around and squealed.  None of the guys waved again, but they did keep looking over at us with amused smiles. 

            The boys shot the video for a good hour before they had a break.  And like perfect angels, they used that break to talk to the fans that came out.  They didn’t come straight to us so we had time to observe.  The girls were all over them.  They would hug them or hold onto any body part they could get away with. They asked for the boys to sign their own body parts.  They flirted and giggled and some of them were really pretty.  The boys finally made their way over to us and kept their back to the other fans.

            “What are you up to?” Niall laughed.

            “Causing trouble,” I grinned innocently.

            “I’d say,” he chuckled.  “Paul thinks it’s brilliant.  He just hopes management doesn’t find out.”

            “Hey, we’re just dedicated fans,” I shrugged.  “Camilla and Fiona even stalked you guys all the way from the UK.”

            “That is dedication,” Niall agreed.  His smile faltered and he sighed.  “I really want to kiss you right now.”

            “You tease,” I said.

            “I’m serious,” he snickered.  “I really miss you.”

            “Do you know when you guys will be back in the UK?” I asked.

            “I don’t,” he shrugged.  “I actually have no idea.

            “Oh,” I frowned.  I thought about telling him that I might be able to come see him in Australia or whatever, but I knew my dad would never go for it and I had a feeling he would have even less down time there.  And it complicates things when you can’t be seen with your boyfriend in public.

            “Maybe they’ll let us come home before we have our Australian tour,” Niall said, but he didn’t sound like he believed it. 

            “Maybe,” I said.

            I must have looked pretty sad because he said, “Hey.  We’ll make it work.  I promise.”

            I smiled sadly.  He gave me a hug but it only lasted a few seconds. 

            “We have to go, mate,” Zayn said rather reluctantly.