26) April 13: Simon Says

13 April, 2012

            AHH!

            Okay, so for the first time in WAY too long, I’m updating because I actually havesomething to update.  I know. I’m as shocked as you are.

            Niall and I have continued to talk daily—well, four times a week sometimes, but I’ll take it!  Not being able to see each other was getting to both of us.  It didn’t help that their management strictly forbade the boys from “having girlfriends.”  Obviously the boys couldhave girlfriends, the fans just couldn’t know about it.  So Camilla, Fiona, and I were nonexistent to the fifty billion people infected by One Direction.  It sucks, of course, but we do understand, even if it is grudgingly. 

            Anyway, so Niall and I were video chatting one night and we decided to come up with a  system to stick it to the man.  The “man” being their management.  We decided that any time he did an interview, he would lick his lips and then look into the camera right after.  This was our own personal signal to each other, like a “hello” without breaking our promise.  And it was perfect, too, because the fans love a good lip licking so they wouldn’t complain.

            Even now it sends me into a dithering whirlwind of giddiness whenever he does it.  Liam and Louis both caught on to our plan and now have their own signals as well.  I think that’s freaking precious.

            Their album was released last week and it’s already broken all kinds of records.  I bought five copies myself even though Niall sent me one for free.  I sent a few of the albums to my mom in California just to spread the One Direction love internationally. They didn’t need my help, though.  There has been an outcry for 1D all over the world.  It’s completely overwhelming and I’m not even directly involved.

            Well, the boys shot their first music video a while back and it’s gone viral.  Since everything has been happening so fast and everything has been so successful, the management wanted to shoot the next music video.

            This is more or less how the phone call went from Niall.

            “Hey, babe,” he said and then yawned.

            “Hey!” I greeted enthusiastically.  “You okay?  You sound tired.”

            “A little,” he dismissed.  “But I have good news.”

            “What’s that?  They finally finished the One Direction mural on the Great Wall of China?” I teased.

            “No, that’s scheduled for next week.”

            “Oh, okay,” I grinned.

            “No, the good news is that we’re shooting our next video!” 

            “No way!” I beamed.  “That’s great!”

            “I know!  But the best part is where we’re shooting it,” he said mysteriously.

            “And where is that?” I asked, my mind already racing.  The way he said it made me think it would be a location that would even excite me.  As ridiculous as it seemed, my mind went directly to a video shoot at school.  We’d all be able to see them again and they’d get to come home.  Actually, that sounded amazing.

            “We are going to Los Angeles!” he burst.

            Ten seconds ago this would have been really exciting news.  But now that I had the idea I would get to see them again implanted in my brain, Los Angeles didn’t sound so exciting anymore.  Besides, they were going to my old home.  And although I love England and everything and everyone, I still miss LA.