16) December 18: Shark Whisperer

18 December, 2011

            I woke up this morning with a start.  I was extremely nervous though I couldn’t put my finger on why.  I blinked a few times and reached for my phone.  I unlocked it and remembered why I was so nervous when I saw I had an astonishing forty-two missed text messages and nineteen missed calls.  I was panicked. 

            Did someone know about the kiss?  Was Niall mad at me?  Was everyone mad at me?  Were they calling to yell at me or remove their title as my friend?  It wasn’t my fault Harry kissed me!  In fact, I think I handled everything really well, all things considered.  And even though I really believed I was innocent, my hands shook as I started to scroll through texts. 

            It took me a minute or two but I finally calmed down.  I was not in trouble.  They weren’t going to yell at me.  No one even knew about it.  The only thing mentioned was from Harry himself who apologized a few more times and told me his head was clear now that he was sober and everything was cool.

            The reason I had so many missed texts and calls was because of the shit that went down after I left.  Even though everyone was asleep or, er, busy, there still managed to be a debacle.  Jessica woke up to go to the bathroom at one point during the night and in her drunken stupor she walked back into the wrong room.  Vivian and Jacob were going at it and, apparently, Jacob was Jessica’s date.  Jessica was drunk and emotional and she yelled and screamed and cried and threw this whole big tantrum that woke the entire house.  I was surprised no one mentioned a fight because I was sure that was going to happen.  But Jessica just wound up crying in a corner while Niall and Zayn ushered Jacob and Vivian out.  Then Fiona had to comfort Jessica for the next two hours. 

            Is it bad I’m glad I missed all of that? 

18 December, 2011, five minutes later

            I think I’m going to start a dream journal.  Mostly because I’m too lazy to get out of bed right now, I have my notebook in my hand, and I have nothing else to report at the moment.  So dream journal it is!

            So I was back home in sunny California and I was at the beach.  The whole gang was there, plus Rex, which is random.  But anyway, we were at the beach and I decided to go surfing though I’ve never surfed in real life.  I was a real pro in my dream.  I was surfing for a few minutes and I caught this righteous wave.  As I was casually riding this fifty foot wave, I looked around to see Niall and Harry surfing on either side of me.  I smiled and waved and they smiled and waved and then we all smiled and waved some more.  That’s when I saw the silhouette of a shark beneath our boards.  In my dream I was somewhat of a shark whisperer and I knew that this shark was starving but he was only hungry for one person.  He promised he would spare my life if I did the honors of choosing his meal.  I looked between Niall and Harry, who were both still smiling and waving, and tried to decide which one should be fed to the shark.  Then a sea turtle swam by and slapped the shark in the gills.  The shark started to cry and he told me he would be back.  Instead of getting out of the water or warning the boys to get out, I just continued to look between them, deciding who should be eaten so I would have an answer when the shark came back.

            I think my subconscious is telling me to watch more shark shows.  Or maybe it’s choosing a career for me.  I can totally see myself as a shark tamer. 

18 December, 2011, later

            I spent a good portion of my morning lying in bed and calling people or texting people.  I felt awkward with Niall on the phone for a minute but it was the most natural thing in the world to ease back into conversation with him.