36) Tooting Fairy Princess: Part Deux

I forced myself to get out of bed and stretch.  I kind of wish I had taken Conrad’s advice and changed last night.  My whole body felt sore and my jeans felt weird on my legs.  But the good news is that I was so well rested that I felt like I could run a marathon.  I took of my jeans and sat on Conrad’s bed as I contemplated what to do.  I had a good eight hours until my flight took off which meant I had at least five hours to kill before I had to head to the airport.  I considered just going to campus and hanging out.  I didn’t really want to though considering I had just spent the last two days there.  It’s one thing to have class and a social life at college.  It’s a whole different story to wander aimlessly for five hours. 

            One perk of being the president was that Conrad had his own shower.  I decided it was really early for fraternity boys to be awake so I figured a quick shower would be okay.  But, as we established from my time at Niall’s house, I feel weird showering in other people’s showers so I kept it nice and short. I felt like a new person.

            I put on a simple sundress and fixed my hair as best as I could.  I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs.  My plan was to leave Conrad a note, head to campus, and just hang out, perhaps call Niall and catch up. 

            I sauntered down the stairs in good spirits.  I went to the kitchen area and pulled out the notepad I had been using for orientation and a pen.  I had only gotten his name down when the kitchen door flew open.

            Conrad and one of his brothers (I’m assuming) were standing there in gym clothes with sweat dripping down their face.

            “This the chick that stole your room?” his friend asked.  He winked at me to show he was kidding. 

            “Yes.  You look much better,” Conrad said.

            “Hey, I think this whole nice thing should go both ways,” I said.

            “I never agreed to that,” Conrad laughed. 

            “Then I revoke my niceness.”

            “You can’t do that,” Conrad argued.  “Fine, I’ll be nice.  Bailey, you look just as great as you have always looked.”         

            “Thank you,” I snorted.  “Hey, thanks for letting me crash here.  Seriously.  I don’t know if I could have made it last night.”

            “It’s not a big deal,” Conrad shrugged and he sounded like he meant it.  I guess he’s kind of used to random girls crashing at his house.

            “Alright, well, thank you.  It was nice meeting you…”

            “Eric,” his friend supplied with a mouth full of banana. 

            “Eric,” I repeated.

            “Hold on, where are you going?” Conrad asked.  “I thought your flight didn’t leave until this afternoon?”

            “Right, it doesn’t, but I was going to hang out on campus until then and—”

            “Wrong,” Conrad said.  “You’re coming to our volleyball practice and then we’ll drive you to the airport.”  Eric nodded, his mouth now full of peanut butter.

            “Why are you doing all of this for me?”

            “Doing all of what?” Conrad asked blankly.