23) An Ugly Sheep: Part Deux

Start from the beginning

            We reached the Notre Dame de Paris and we took a whole bunch of pictures.  Then we just wandered around the city.

            “We should have a scavenger hunt,” I suggested.

            “Okay,” Niall agreed.  “What are we scavenging for?”

            “Men wearing berets,” I listed.

            “Tourists wearing berets.”

            “Tourists with fanny packs.”

            “People holding cheese.”

            We managed to construct a list of the most ridiculous things to find ever.  We would giggle like children every time we saw someone that fit one of our requirements, then we would pose for a picture with the person in the background.  We did this for hours and it ever stopped being fun.

            “Let’s get dinner,” Niall said.

            “Let’s,” I said dramatically.

            I eagerly took his hand.  If this was all going to end when he got back home then I was going to take full advantage of the whole situation now.  We had wandered enough throughout the day that we managed to find a restaurant with a beautiful view of the Eiffel Tower.  It was picturesque to say the least.

            I thought the dinner might be a little awkward, all things considered, but like always, talking to Niall was the most natural thing in the world.  We talked about anything and everything, every once in a while breaking the constant stream of words with a kiss.  Just…perfect.

            We headed to the field in front of the Eiffel Tower when we finished eating.  We took a few pictures and then we lay down together in the grass. 

            “You never dress warm enough,” Niall grinned as he pulled me close.  I snuggled up against him and closed my eyes, savoring this moment.

            We lay there for a long time, speaking occasionally but for the most part we were silent. Finally we forced ourselves to get up and head back to the hotel.   Curfew was soon and it would take awhile to get there by train.  I must have fallen asleep on Niall on the train because he gently woke me up and told me we were at our stop.  I smiled sheepishly at him and got off the train.  We went back to the hotel and checked in.

            “Glad to see you’re feeling better,” Madame Lier told him in French.  “You had a lovely nurse.”

            Niall squeezed my hand and smiled at me.

            “But now that he’s all better, I expect you to steer clear of his room,” she said warningly.  “Same goes for you, Niall.”

            I didn’t have to time to react offended or even embarrassed.

            “You have our word,” Niall said. He sounds sexy when he speaks in French.  Mmm…

            “Okay, good,” she said and cracked a smile.  “Off you go.”

            I stopped with Niall on the landing of the second floor.

            “I had a great day,” I told him.

            “Me too.”

            “See you tomorrow?” I asked.

            “You can count on it,” he said.  I smiled and he gave me a kiss.  He pulled away and then pulled a face. Then he kissed me again with more vigor.  It caught me by surprise but I did not oppose to it.  I tangled my fingers in his hair and kissed him back.