20) January 1: Troll On Acid

Start from the beginning

            “Oh, months and months ago,” she said.  She looked slightly uncomfortable with all this attention on her.  Seeing as how that’s my case ninety percent of the time, I thought I would take the attention off of her.

            “My brother’s been gone for a while, also,” I said.  “You don’t think you’ll miss them as much as you do.”  She nodded her agreement.  “I saw him for a few days but he’s gone again.”

            “What does he do?” she asked.

            “He’s a famous skateboarder,” I smirked.

            “No way,” she said suspiciously.

            “Way,” I chuckled.  “Who’d a thought, right?”

            “Does he know any famous people?” Dee asked.

            “I think so,” I said.  “His Christmas present to me was a ton of autographs.”

            “Wicked,” Dee said breathlessly.  “He should come round to our school and bring famous people.”

            “Yeah, definitely,” I said though he never would.

            Niall returned with drinks and I smiled at him.  The girls thanked him for their drinks.

            “Zayn is looking for you,” Niall told me.

            I resisted the urge to say, “Me? Why me?” and instead excused myself from the gang and followed Niall.

            “What do you think?” Niall asked.

            “Of what?” I asked blankly.  I was sure he wasn’t talking about the water.

            “Of Milly and Dee,” Niall clarified.

            “Oh!  They’re nice,” I shrugged.

            “I almost wet myself when Harry told us he had a girlfriend,” Niall laughed.  “Can you believe that?”

            “Not really.  It seems kind of random.”

            “Yeah, really random,” Niall nodded.  “Maybe he’s been talking to her for awhile and we just didn’t know it.”

            “Probably,” I said.  It didn’t sit well with me but I reminded myself I didn’t care about Harry.

            I was starting to think Niall lied about the Zayn thing in order to drag me away from Harry and them, but Zayn beamed when he saw me and I knew he was already drunk.  He told me he needed a beer pong partner.  I told him I wasn’t drinking and he promised to drink the alcohol if I played with him.  I honestly can’t tell you why he wanted me as his partner.  It was fun, though.  There’s something about that whole not drinking thing.  I’ll have to remember that.

            Most of the night was spent dancing and talking to friends.  About ten minutes before midnight was meant strike, I headed to the bathroom so that I wouldn’t have to pee during the actual hour.  It was lucky I did so because there was a line.  Now, I felt a little entitled, being one of Harry’s close friends and all, so I went upstairs to use a bathroom. I passed by Harry’s open bedroom and refused to look in. 

            Okay, I admit it!  I know I keep saying I’m not thinking about him but it’s hard to just ignore that whole thing happened.  Especially as I walk passed the scene of the crime.  Okay!  It’s off my chest.