16) December 18: Shark Whisperer

Zacznij od początku

            After I was lazy all morning, I got out of bed and got ready.  I asked Dad if he wanted to go to lunch with me and he was pleasantly surprised by the invitation.  Psh, you’d think I never hang out with him.  So we went to lunch and he told me all about work and updated me on Chase.  Chase is now back in the US; New York, if I’m not mistaken.  Then Dad asked me about my life.  I gave him a pretty detailed account of my life, aside from certain things like drinking, kissing, Harry, and how much money I spent on the dance. 

            Now I’m back in my room.  The gang has been posting pictures from last night so that’s entertaining.  I looked foine last night.  And by fine I mean I looked better than expected. 

            I did notice, however, that I kept flipping between two pictures, one of me and Niall and one of me and Harry.  It’s not like I was comparing or anything.

18 December, 2011, later       

            I have seriously neglected Hagrid this weekend.  I hope he still remembers me. 

18 December, 2011, ten minutes later

            He does.  Now we’re cuddling on my bed.  And by cuddling I mean I’m practically spooning him and lovingly pushing him back down on the bed any time he tries to leave.  It’s love.

18 December, 2011, even later

            I refused to believe that Hagrid was trying to leave because he didn’t want to be with me so I decided he wanted to go for a walk.  Being the devoted master that I am, I put on some warm clothes and grabbed his leash.  I was content when he started to jump around excitedly. 

            Hagrid and I strolled the streets and I felt powerful for some reason.  Maybe because I was walking with a giant dog.

            We went to the primary school because there was this fenced off area where I could take off his leash and he could run free.  I closed the fence behind me and unhooked his leash.  I didn’t even have to prompt him before he sprinted off.  I watched in amusement as he sprinted the perimeter of the pretty large fenced off area over and over again. 

            “What are you feeding that poor dog?”

            I yelped in surprise and Hagrid took a break from his incessant running to let out a half-hearted bark.  I turned around and there was Harry. 

            “Kittens,” I replied.

            Harry rolled his eyes and wiggled his way into the fenced off area.  Harry likes cats.  I took a deep breath and braced myself for what I was about to say.  It was long overdue.

            “I never really thanked you,” I admitted.

            “Thanked me for what?” he asked.

            “For Hagrid,” I shrugged.  “I know it was you who told Niall.”

            “Oh,” Harry said, his eyebrows rose slightly. “It was nothing.”

            “No, seriously.  It meant a lot to me.”

            “I know,” he said casually.  “And I’m glad you like it.  But I happened to have just gotten off the phone with you when Niall called to ask advice on how to ask you.  It was just good timing.”

            “Oh.”  I felt kind of stupid.  Or a lot stupid.  I had dwelled on this whole dog thing for so long and it was such a strong foundation for my “Harry is So Great” campaign.  “People sure do call you for advice a lot.”