【 EDITED 】 Fifty-Nine

[Edited: November 5, 2018]

***

[A/N: i'm back to hell-i mean, SCHOOL so fuck my life i can't update that much anymore but there's still a lot more that's going to happen in this story, so please bear with me.]

***

"Hands"

Author's POV

Jungkook left.

They wouldn't let him stay right after that. Sure, he saved the life of one of their patients, but he wasn't supposed to be there. In a way, he was, but that didn't matter to the owners of the asylum.

Jimin woke up, expecting him to be there, but he wasn't. Hoseok explained everything to him and even though it was all so clear to Jimin, he just couldn't accept it.

It made him want to get out of the place as soon as possible. Hoseok reminded him of why he cannot do that. Jimin felt devastated than ever. He wouldn't eat, he wouldn't even talk to anyone nor Hoseok.

He was soon taken to the cell for the most suicidal patients, the dangerous ones.

Even though he would never hurt anyone else intentionally(or without being force to do so), he was still a danger to himself. And he will always, always be.

Jungkook, on the other hand, is fed up of everything and most especially, himself. He left his family's mansion without saying a word. He started living with Yoongi.

At first, the truculent man did not like the idea of someone else living with him, but he knew he had to keep an eye on Jungkook because of what he's capable of doing. So, he ended up letting him in.

Hoseok was also caught by his fellow workers when he tried to fight for Jungkook's right to be with Jimin. They found out he has been letting his assigned patient talk to an 'outsider' through his own phone. He was then forced to take care of another patient instead of Jimin, just the day right after all of it happened. He's no longer allowed to talk to Jimin, nor see him.

Then the other man, who helped Jungkook get in the asylum by hacking through the security, was suspended and almost fired by his boss. He luckily was just taken to another hospital where he'll be starting to work there in a month.

At first, Hoseok didn't want to tell Jungkook about the other man, for he was afraid Jungkook would blame himself, but he knew he had the right to know. Jungkook wasn't that sorry at all. He did what he had to do and he stands with everything he has done. It may sound selfish, but that man had to help Jungkook either way. Although, he does admire the stranger for going through such lengths just to help him. He also got his phone number from Hoseok to thank him countless times.

"It's okay, man. You did what you had to do, bro. I'd do that too, if I were you," the man said. "Maybe not as cool as you did it, but it'd still be dope as shit."

"Sure as hell."

***

It's been a whole week since that night.

[Text]

Unknown number: hey this is yoongi and i'm jimin's friend

JH: wow wait are you the guy who knocked out two of our guards and hid their bodies until jungkook left?

SG: hi you

JH: lol i'm just surprised 'cause you are literally the coolest person in the world.

SG: how do you know me? and thanks, i guess

JH: we saw your face in the camera footage. also the guards you took down told us your name. i'm surprised they even remembered.

SG: i see.

JH: hey, so how's jungkook doing?

SG: not that well.

JH: i feel very sorry for him... both of them, actually.

SG: feeling sorry can't change anything for anyone. that's why i'm talking to you

JH: what exactly do you want me to do?

SG: you already know.

Hoseok is taken aback. He's never known this man. He has never even met him, yet it feels as if he knows just exactly how Hoseok thinks.

JH: jimin is locked up in a special place inside the asylum. i'm on the building next to them but still at the same place. on the other hand, i can't go.

SG: yeah, i get that.

JH: i know what i have to do, but that doesn't make it any easier.

SG: is anything easy anymore these days?

JH: can't promise you... anything either

SG: it's cool, man. promises are meant to be broken. so don't you dare promise me.

JH: you're a funny guy.

SG: but don't forget.

JH: yeah?

SG: we're the only hands they have left to hold.