【 EDITED 】 Thirty-Nine

[Edited: March 6, 2018]

***

"This Is Reality"

Author's POV

"Jimin?" Jungkook's eyes grew wide in utter shock as he stared at the person he loved the most, covered in blood and face filled with dried tears.

Jimin was staring at the body in front of him, but it looked more like he was staring into nothingness. Like he was being swallowed by it . . .

. . . Like he was also gone, himself.

Jungkook called out Jimin's name once again, neither of the two moving an inch. The younger didn't know what to do. He kept asking himself if he was dreaming. And then somehow, he got himself to snap out of it and slowly walked towards Jimin. He felt a piece of shattered glass underneath his shoe and picked up from the floor, cutting through the skin of his finger and when he saw the blood spilling out of it, he knew everything was real.

He ran towards Jimin and wrapped his arms around him. The latter did not move nor flinch. It was like he couldn't feel Jungkook there at all. 

"Jimin? Baby, look at me," Jungkook cupped Jimin's cheeks in his hands, but Jimin merely continued staring at his father's body.

"Jimin . . . please look at me, hyung. I'm here for you. I love you."

With that, Jimin finally looked at Jungkook in the eyes, but Jungkook wished he hadn't. Because what he saw was a pair of eyes full of emptiness. Jimin's eyes didn't show fear, sadness, remorse or empathy.

They held nothing.

Exactly how Jimin felt: nothing.

***

Taehyung and Yoongi arrived as fast as they could as soon as Jungkook called him. Jungkook paced back and forth while the two felt their feet glued to where they were standing. Taehyung was dry for words and he looked like he was suffocating in trying to find the right words to say. He eventually snapped out of it and ran towards Jimin to embrace him. 

Yoongi didn't move an inch. The said man has no doubt seen ghastly things in his life that no one else can even imagine, but he sure as hell had never expected to see Jimin like that.

The three of them guessed what has happened, but they still could not bring themselves to believe it. They knew of it because they also knew what Jimin's father kept doing to him ever since he was a child, yet they never thought he was capable of doing this.

"Jimin! What happened?!" Taehyung examined his friend's body, making sure he wasn't hurt. "Jimin! Are you alright?!"

"Be gentle! And I've already done that. He's hurt, but he wasn't stabbed," Jungkook said as he tried to move Taehyung away but the latter was clinging too hard on Jimin, afraid to let go . . . afraid to lose him even though he was just right in front of them.

But was he really?

"Jimin, you know you can trust us, right?! We love you! You know that! Please tell us what happened!" Taehyung started crying on his shoulder and still, Jimin showed no emotion and said nothing.

"Jesus Christ, Tae! Calm down! You're hurting him," Yoongi said and took him away from Jimin. He calmed Taehyung down and let him cry on his shoulder for a few seconds before immediately looking up and walking away from Yoongi as soon as Jungkook spoke.

"We have to get him out of here."

"And how do you propose we do that, huh?!"

"Keep your voice down," Yoongi reminded Taehyung that the neighbors could possibly hear them. "And why are we doing that, though?" He added. 

Taehyung looked at Jungkook with the same expression Yoongi had on his face, but not because he didn't know why they had to do that. But how could they possibly pull it off? And what if they were caught? How could that be of any help to Jimin? Seeing the state he was in, Taehyung knew prison was the last thing Jimin should be at. 

"What are we going to do, Jungkook?" asked both Yoongi and Taehyung. 

Jungkook covered his face with his hands and took a deep breath.

"What are we going to do?" Taehyung repeated the same question over and over again as if it was going to get the answer out of Jungkook who eventually released his breath and said, "I called you because I need help. I'm going to get Jimin out of here. Tonight. Right now."

Yoongi kept silent.

"How are you going to do that? What about us? What are we going to do?" Taehyung kept asking. 

"This may sound very horrible, but I need you to take care of the body and everything else," Jungkook said as he took Jimin in his arms to carry him.

"What?! Excuse me . . . What?!" Yoongi snapped. "You want us to take care of the crime scene while you run off with your boyfriend?!"

"Suga, shut up!" Taehyung yelled back, making the whole room fall silent. 

Jimin flinched and Jungkook noticed, but he moved no more. He knew they had to go then or else Jimin would get worse.

Could he feel any worse than this? Could anyone even feel worse than this? Jungkook thought to himself.

"Jimin needs us right now. If it was you, he'd do just the same thing," Taehyung said to Yoongi after taking a deep breath to calm himself down. 

"But why can't we just wait for the cops? I'm sure Jimin did this only for self-defense. He wouldn'tㅡ"

"We can't! He can't!" Taehyung started crying.

Yoongi looked sorry and said, "Look, I just thought it would be best ifㅡ"

"No! I-I can't . . . " Taehyung fell on his knees and tried his best to get the words out as he sobbed. "I can't let them take Jimin away again. Not again . . . No. N-Not this time."

"Taeㅡ"

"Please, Yoongi!"

The name made his heart stop. Taehyung was serious and he knew it. Yoongi was stuck to the ground, but he ignored the lump that was starting to form in his throat.

"I'll do it."