【 EDITED 】 Fifty-Seven

[Edited: November 5, 2018]

***

[A/N: I'm sorry for the slow updates, is anyone still even reading this? I feel so guilty, I'm sorry.]

***

"Never Trust A Happy Song"

Author's POV

"Jimin, wake up! Please! Jimin!" Hoseok shook the boy who kept crying on his bed. But he wasn't just crying. He was screaming.

It was as if Jimin felt no one could hear him. And it was killing him.

He just kept saying, "Sorry."

"Jimin, I'm here! It's Hoseok! I'm here, now. Don't worry. I'm here for you. Jimin, please wake up." He wrapped his arms around the crying boy and gently rubbed his back. "Shh, shh."

The other nurses and PABs came, but Hoseok just motioned for them to stay outside of the room. He knew Jimin doesn't like a lot of eyes on him and he'd feel worse if he sees all of them circling around him when he wakes up. He hates attention. Especially, at times like these.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Mum."

He needed to be with someone who really understands him.

"Jimin, Jimin . . . Shhh, it's okay," Hoseok said to him as he finally started to open his eyes.

"Mum . . ."

"No, it's Hoseok. It's me."

"Where's my mum?"

Hoseok was simply at lost for words. He knew Jimin was dreaming about his deceased mother and possibly her death that's why he cried that hard.

But as much as Hoseok was sad that Jimin actually wasn't getting better like everyone thought, he felt his own heart breaking just by the sounds Jimin was making.

He knew that people don't recover that easily, but he just couldn't understand why of all people on the earth, those things had to happen to Jimin. The boy's got a pure soul and a big heart filled with only love and care and he just doesn't deserve any of these.

"Hoseok?" Jimin's eyes widened as he finally went back to reality. He was with his friend, not his mum, not Jungkook. He was still stuck in the same four walls. In the place he suddenly grew to hate on that very night just because of that dream. And just because he realized he wasn't getting any better. Apparently, not.

Everything's just getting worse. He's just getting better at hiding it. He even started to fool himself, too. Started thinking happy thoughts, started convincing himself that he has recovered even just a bit, but the truth is; he hasn't. Not one bit.

Some scars can never be healed.

And Jimin's scars were nowhere seen by the naked eye, but everywhere deep inside of him . . . where he hid his deepest, darkest thoughts and wishes. Where he kept his demons.

And in his veins ran nothing but pain.

"Jimin, you need to take this," Hoseok said to him as he handed him a tablet and a glass of water.