【 EDITED 】 Twenty-Two

[Edited: August 20, 2017]

***

"Angel"

"Good morning, angel," Jimin woke up to Jungkook's gentle voice and found him laying down beside him.

"I-I'm not an angel . . ." Jimin said, slightly blushing. He looked away from Jungkook and resorted to merely staring outside the window.

He has been doing this a lot. Ever since the kiss and the confession and all that, Jimin hadn't been feeling any better. It all just made him anxious, actually.

"You are one to me."

"Stop being so nice," Jimin said and the latter kissed him on his forehead, all of a sudden.

"I'd ask for a good morning kiss on the lips but . . . even with just this, I'm satisfied already," Jungkook said, smiling oh-so-widely like he's the angel. He's supposed to be the angel, really.

Jimin's the complete opposite of him. that kept running through Jimin's mind. He still thinks he doesn't deserve Jungkook. It's funny how badly he wants to be with jungkook, but at the same time, he doesn't want to be with him. He can't be with him. He shouldn't be with him.

It's fucking twisted, isn't it?

It's really not about Jimin getting hurt, he can survive that. Well, "survive" means it could make him die even easier. But Jimin knows he'd only hurt Jungkook in the end. And that . . .

. . . He can't possibly handle that. He can't survive that, seeing Jungkook suffer. Especially, if it's all because of him.

No, he can't let that happen.

"Jungkook . . ."

"Please call me Kookie . . . I want to . . . hear you say it once again. I want to . . ." Jungkook then suddenly kissed Jimin on his ear, making the elder's face turn awfully red.

"S-Stop that! This is weird, Jungkook."

"How?"

"You have a girlfriend . . ."

"I broke up with her."

"Wh-What?!" Jimin's eyes widened in horror.

'Is it because of me? No, he shouldn't have . . . There's no way I could make him as happy as Emma did. I'm nothing . . . I can't. He doesn't love me. He wouldn't have done that. Why would he do that?'

"Jiminie, are you okay?" Jungkook looked at his hyung with worry evident in his eyes.

"She didn't really love me, anyway. Well, if she really did, she wouldn't have said and done those things to me," Jungkook said, holding his hyung's hand tight in his own and kissed it.

"Are you blaming yourself?"

Jimin shook Jungkook's hand away.

"Don't do this, Jungkook. I beg of you," Jimin said and he couldn't help it when his voice cracked at the end of the sentence.

"But it's already done, hyung."

"W-Why?" Jimin gave up, his tears finally falling down his cheeks. He was shaking.

"Why are you . . ." Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows in confusion but continued talking anyway. "I already told you, Jimin. I love you."

"But you love Emma. Jungkook, I'm your best friend and I knew how much you love her. How could you possibly have a change of heart in such a short time?"