【 EDITED 】 Forty-Four

[Edited: July 8, 2018]

***

"I'm Okay"

Jungkook's POV

"Jimin, what were you thinking?!" I followed Jimin out of the visiting room. He came to a halt but refused to look back. I unconsciously tried to touch him and he immediately flinched away . . . again.

I apologized, reminding myself he wasn't completely healed yet. Will he ever even be?

Other policemen were staring at us, so I told him to follow me outside the station. When we finally came to two blocks away from the station, I stopped walking and he did too.

"What's going on? I thought we came back here to help you with your trauma. I hated the idea at first, because I know how much of a torture it is for you to be in this place, but you made me promise either way. And now, you're the one breaking it!"

"That was before we knew Yoongi's in prison for what I've done. I'm sorry, but I just can't stand around watching my friend pay for my own sin," he answered nonchalantly, and I couldn't even get myself to look at him.

"It's not a fucking sin for you to protect yourself! It wasn't your fault, okay?! I'm at fault! It's my sin! I wasn't there to protect you! Just like all the other times you needed me and I was never even there for you . . ."

"Jungkook, what did I say about blaming yourself? We've been here before. And I told you, I'm tired of running away. Yoongi doesn't deserve this either."

"You don't deserve this. Jimin, you were the victim! All the things that bastard has done to you . . . Fuck! Fuck that shit! For fuck's sake!" I exasperatedly kicked a sign of the closed coffee shop that we were in front of.

"I'm sorry," Jimin's voice cracked and I felt my heart ache at the sound of it. It's just the worst thing ever. His voice is so endearing just like an angel's and to hear it like that is just absolutely the worst.

I looked back at him and immediately wrapped my arms around him. He was shocked as he slightly gripped the back of my shoulders and almost fell on the floor 'cause his knees weakened at the impact but I got him.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at myself 'cause no matter what I do, you'll always put other people over yourself. You'll always choose to make other people happy and just . . ." I pulled away to cup his cheeks in both of my hands. "I love you. And I want you to be safe but happy, too."

"You can't hate yourself because of me."

"It's not like that."

"It seems like it so."

I hugged him tight again and he just hugged back.

"Do you trust me, Jungkook?"

I looked into his eyes and nodded, "I do, I trust you."

***

[Text]

V: where are you guys? you never came back

V: is jimin okay? what is going on?

V: fucking answer me ok i'm worried like hell

V: pls tell me jimin is alright

JK: yes he is. don't worry, we're taking care of everything now.

V: what are you doing?!

JK: i'm sorry, but jimin thinks it's best if u don't know. yoongi will get out soon, u should go get some rest

V: pls tell me u're not doing what i think u are

V: jungkook?!

V: JUNGKOOK ANSWER PLS GODDAMNIT

V: im fr gonna kill u if u take him back there