1) September 1: Under The Radar

Start from the beginning

            “Well, I’m excited,” Chase cut in.  Dad smiled at him and ruffled his hair.

            “You get excited when you go a day without getting a random boner in class,” I retorted.

            “Oh, Bailey,” Dad winced. 

            “It’s true,” I shrugged.  Chase punched my arm.

            From that time, there were a lot of tears, a lot of excitement, a lot of screaming, and a lot of squealing.  Dad was right.  If we were going to move anywhere, I’m glad it was England.  I loved everything about England.

            I had all summer to hang out with my friends and pack.  We arrived in England only a few days ago and I’m still not used to the time change.  That’s probably why I’m awake at five in the morning on my first day of school. 

            I don’t know.  So far England has been pretty cool.  The house FedEx reserved for my dad is relatively big.  Two stories and a nice yard.  Dad’s room is downstairs while Chase and I are upstairs.  Dad’s room is massive.  It takes up an entire wing of the house and it had its own fireplace and bathroom.  I am pleased to report that I actually have my own bathroom.  In the old house back in California I had to share a bathroom with Chase.  If you’ve ever shared a bathroom with a fourteen-year-old boy, you know how traumatizing it can be.  But, no, now I had my own bathroom.

            I like our little town, too.  I forget what it’s called.  Hospel Chapel or something like that.  That’s probably wrong.  But it’s this quaint little town with loads of cute shops not too far from me.

            I’m so bored.  Chase and Dad got used to the time change pretty much right away.  I could be using this time to get ready for school but I don’t think I know how to get ready for two hours.  Most of the time I just throw on a dress or an equally simple outfit for school back home.  It’s made even easier here because we have freaking uniforms.  And it’s not those cute uniforms you see in American television with the plaid skirt that’s practically riding up their butts and a cute sweater or something.  No!  It’s a black skirt that goes to our knees, a collared white dress shirt, a light gray sweater vest thing, and a black blazer with the school emblem on the chest.  We were also meant to wear a navy blue and silver tie over our white short but under our sweater and the collars of our white shirt had to be visible at all times.

            So I didn’t have to worry about what to wear.  I also normally just straightened my hair or maybe put it into loose waves if I was feeling fancy.  But that only took about ten minutes.  And I was always one of those girls that felt ridiculous with too much makeup on.  Even though I normally spent about ten minutes on my makeup, people still sometimes asked me if I was wearing any.  I guess I just like the natural look.  A lot of girls at my high school, including my best friend, would spend ages on their makeup.  You could definitely tell they were wearing makeup but those were the girls that often had boyfriends or boys in general pining after them.  I tried doing my makeup like those girls one day.  I got loads of compliments and attention from guys but the entire day I was self conscious.  Wearing that much makeup just isn’t me.

            So the amount of time it would take me to get ready was at a maximum of twenty minutes.  What should I do?  I’m so bored!

September 1, 2011, lunch

            Hmm. Interesting day so far.

            I decided to start my day by taking a really long bath.  Then I just sat in my robe for a good twenty minutes as I allowed myself to be nervous about my first day of school for the first time since I arrived in England.  Would the material be harder?  Would I make any friends?  Were people going to be nice to me?