I kiss Harry's cheek multiple times until he starts giggling. I can't have my baby sad.

"Mmmmmm!!!" Niall whines at me through his dummy. 

"Okay, you get kisses too." I kiss his cheek and he giggles. 

"Mmmmmm!!" Liam whines and pouts. 

"Did you want a kiss too?" I ask with a chuckle. Liam nods and continues to pout. I kiss Liam's cheek and he smiles. I notice an older lady down the aisle giving us a dirty look. Younger me would have ducked my head and walked away. But older me is not ashamed of who I am or who my husband is, so I kiss Liam on the mouth just for good measure and wink at the old lady who walks away with her nasty face. 

"What was that for?" Liam asks, a bit confused. "I was just expecting the cheek."

"Just because I love you," I say with a smile. "Aaaand... There was this old lady staring and giving us dirty looks when I kissed your cheek. Might as well give her a show, you know?"

"Cheeky," Liam comments.

"I try."

*****************************

We finish up at the toy store and head over to the mall to go shoe shopping. Carrie sent us a list of names and shoe sizes because we want to give the kids each a pair of shoes. Like when we visited before, we wanted to give the kids something fun, but also something they need. Carrie kept insisting we were doing too much and it was too expensive, but she (and really everyone there) has been so good and they gave us Harry and Niall. We want to give back to them. 

We've just finished shoe shopping and decide to take a little break and sit at a bench. Niall is asleep in his stroller, and Harry is fading very quickly. Liam has had to carry him for the past half hour because he got tired of walking. 

"Okay, I think we got everybody, but I'm gonna read off the names of all the kids and you check to make sure we have  pair for them," Liam instructs.

"Okay. Go ahead."

"Okay, Ava?"

"Got it."

"Ethan?" 

I search through one of the bags a bit. "Yep."

"Logan?"

"Yeah. I remember those ones."

He goes through a few more names. 

"And finally..." Liam sighs, "Zayn."

"What was that for?" I ask. He seems upset. 

"Nothing. Do we have his?"

"Yes, but that wasn't nothing. What's wrong?" I insist. 

"Nothing. Let's go. We're going to dinner remember? And I don't know how much longer Harry is gonna last. Actually, I think he's asleep." Harry laid down on the bench and poor baby was so tired that he fell asleep. 

"Aww... my poor baby. I'll get him. You've been carrying him for a while." I cover Niall with his blanket and wrap Harry in his jacket because it's cold outside.

"Should we even go to dinner?" Liam asks as we head towards the exit. "Maybe we should just go home. The kids are asleep anyway." 

"Yeah, but you said they could have ice cream if they were good and they were both very good and we have no ice cream at the house. You can't promise and then not deliver."

"I did say that, didn't I. Okay. But we should stop by the house to drop off the toys and stuff. I don't want someone to break into the car or anything if they see a bunch of stuff."