Cameron was silent for a while. I could tell he wanted to go on about how Nate wasn't right for me like he had in the cave. But he held it in.

"I just don't like when you look at me like I'm the villiian." Cameron said after a while. "That's how everyone sees me nowadays."

My heart clenched. "Cameron..."

"It's true Tori." He shrugged. "You know all I'm doing is looking out for you, youre my friend too now."

"Maybe you should be there for me instead of looking out for me." I said quietly. "Be a friend, not a bodyguard."

Cameron and I sat down along a ledge to finish our shakes. The night was warm and the stars shone brightly above us. I felt at ease even though there was tension between us.

"I'm sorry." Cameron whispered.

I nudged his shoulder with mine. "Hey, I already forgave you."

Cameron chuckled. "You really are the nicest person out there."

All I did was laugh. Because what could I say? I just felt like he gave me too much credit and that wasn't what I was about anyways.

"Anyways, how's Jade? Have you heard from here?" I asked Cameron, changing the subject.

He glanced at me. "You're asking me when she's your bestfriend." There was no emotion behind his voice.

"She hasn't been returning my calls lately. I figured since you and Jade are like - "

"Woah." Cameron looked at me sharply before I could finish. "Jade and I aren't anything like that, she deleted me off every social media."

My eyes widened. "Why? What happened with you two?

Cameron shook his head, didn't respond for a while. I didn't push either because I I wanted to know, hoping he would spill it already.

"It just...Jade is a great girl. She really is you know." Cameron began then sighed deeply again. "But you can't be with someone if your heart is elsewhere."

My heart fell. Cameron had broken Jades heart and even though he believed it was honest and good...it was a killer. I would not have been okay either.

"You told her you were in love with someone?"

"Not who." Cameron said. "Just that I have feelings for another and hope she understands."

I sighed. "Guys are so dumb."

Cameron chuckled. "Hey! You wouldn't call me dumb if you knew who the girl was."

I raised a brow. "Humor me."

"I'm looking right at her." Cameron leaned closer.

My blood seemed to have stopped flowing for a second. My insides turned cold as ice as I looked into his soft brown eyes that could melt any girl. Just not me.

"No - "

"Its true." Cameron shifted closer and looked into my eyes. "The first time I saw you in Cali with Jade...god. I knew you were something different."

"You were with Jade!" I said outraged that Cameron was even speaking so freely right now.

He shook his head. '"Not entirely! When I saw you, that's when everything had changed."

I looked down. I couldn't even look into his eyes without feeling sick. How could he do this. How could he have not told me sooner.

"I wanted to tell you how I feel but then I heard about you and Nate." Cameron said with a heavy sigh. "How could I have said something?"

"And you think now is a good time to tell me!?" I yelled, feeling so hopeless.

Before I could rage on again, Cameron leaned in fully and kissed my lips. I froze immediately when he had grabbed my waist and pulled me against him. My body was stiff but his hand ran along my back nevertheless.

Cameron's eyes were shut. He looked so lost and into this kiss but I was so shaken and horrified by it. I felt like throwing up now.

Coming to my senses again, I shoved him away from me hard. Not even worried that he may topple over

"Cam! What the hell!?" I shouted and stood up, backing away from him. I could see the crazy needy look in his eyes as he stood up too.

"You felt it too right?" Cameron said in a low voice.

"I - " I began to back up but my phone had rung in my pocket, interrupting us much to my happiness. I didn't want to stand with him alone.

"Tori!" I heard Derek's voice from the end of the receiver.

"Derek?" I asked quickly hearing sirens in the background. Where were they?

"We have a situation." Derek said as panic rose in me. "Nate's being rushed to the hospital nearby."

"What happened!?" I asked weakly, my legs shaking uncontrollably. I felt my eyes become blurry.

"I'll explain." Derek said. "Just come down, I'll send you the GPS coordinates for the hospital. Don't tell his parents okay? Just get here."

"Is he okay?" I asked, my voice breaking at the end.

"He just wants you." Derek said before ending the call.

I look to Cameron who already figured out the conversation. He pulled out his keys.