Chapter 2: Candles

Mary's P.O.V

the next morning, I got ready for school. In my school, I have no friends I don't quite fit in with everybody. sometimes some idiots would come and tell me why I am so quiet, native or shy. Ok, I admit It, I am quiet and shy.. well very. some popular kids would laugh at me a little bit. they point and laugh, and say "Stupid" if they wanted to.

whatever I did wrong, they shouldn't laugh at all. I mean normally, it only happens if I didn't see or noticed.

for example, at freshmen, my 3rd day of first day of school, I was coming down the stairs along with my classmates, they were eventually are popular.

so we all went down the hallway, there was janitor mopping the marble floor. I didn't see, I was dreaming, or day walking dreaming... Wait, What?!

then I stepped on the wet floor and I slipped, dropped my books and landed on the floor that had a bang sound when it dropped

my classmates laughed and walked by, didn't decided to help me, I didn't mind for them not helping me, but when they call you cruelest words. things starts to fall apart.

"oh here, let me help you young lady" the Janitor said , holding the mop, and reaching his hands to mine

"oh. Oh thank you" I said,  I was now standing and grabbing my books on the wet marble floor.

"you should be careful" he said

"I know"  I said, looking down

"do you have any friends?" he asked

"no, why?" I said

"I don't know, all I know a girl like you, would have her dreams wild and maybe enchanting" he said, he stopped and look at me.. and he started walking away.

I stood there for a minute, thinking what was he talking about, actually I know what he's talking about. but I don't know if I would have my dreams alive.

.....

My junior year was calm and hard. in my school days, I would eat my lunch and read a book. At class, I would just to do my schoolwork and finish it as I can.

(the bell rung)

I was walking home from school, with a heavy snow falling from the sky and falling to the ground.

my legs were frozen from the snow of ice, I was wearing my dark blue coat with a black pants and my shoes were boots. they were comfy enough.

small cold breezy, blowing my face, my hair and I hear them from my ears..

it was my birthday today, no one of course noticed...

the sun was quickly going down.. days were now getting shorter in November..

as I came home, freezing to death, I went to my room and relax for a bit..

my mother was making dinner and my father... well he was coming home by now..

I went to the living room and watched TV..  then my mother began to talk..

"Hey Darling, how was school?"

"it was okay" I said

"come to the kitchen really quick" she said opening the fridge.

I walked towards the kitchen and went where my mother stood.. I looked at the opening fridge, that my mother was holding the door....

I saw a white box and I couldn't see inside.. my mother grabbed the box gently and it looked heavy to me

"what is it?" I asked but she didn't answered me

she just opened the box to find out what it was..

it was a cake..... it was like Oreo's and it looked pretty yummy  and moist ..

"Wow" I said, my eyes grew wide

"I made it just for you" she said, I didn't know my mother would make me a such a creative design wonderful cake I've ever seen

"oh thank you, Mom" i said hugging her to the side

"your welcome, darling, Now let's go eat and wait for your father to come home and then we will start to celebrate your 16 birthday" she said, smiling at me

"Ok" I said, I went to the diner table and started eating some meat..

(few minutes later)

"Father is here!" I said walking towards the front door

"Hey, sweetie.. Happy Birthday!" he said, hugging me to the side

"thanks dad" I said

"hey, honey, are you going to eat? we need to celebrate! I made her a creative cake ever!" my mother said from the kitchen.

"no, I already had a some lunch, so let's go and start cutting the cake"

we all sat at the table and the cake was on the closer to me.

my father got the knife and slowly cutting the cake, then my mother quickly stopped him.

"Billy! are you forgetting something?"

he had no clue..

"What am I forgetting?" he asked

"Candles?" she said to him

"what" he said

"Ugh, Candles.. Mary is supposed to make a wish, now let me get the candles"

"alright"

3mintues later:

my mother got the candles and put on the middle of the cake.

she lighted them up, I liked the way it glowed, feeling the wish so near to me.

"Now make a wish, Mary" my father said

I stared at  the candles for a short moment, thinking what to wish for...

I closed my eyes and said it in my head..

I wish that I can find what my talent really is, but to explore another beautiful place than here where I lived for so long now.

I blow those sweet warm glowing candles out.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

A/N

COMMENT- VOTE-

MESSAGE ME ANYTIME ;) HOPE YOU LIKE IT SO FAR!!!

THANK YOU!!!

                                      LOVE- MELINDA ;)