V2 Chapter 6: The Spar

Nature is beautiful. Very beautiful. In my previous life, I would often pass my time relaxing on a tree, watching nature at work in forests and jungles. I like to see how the animals interact with each other, the birds singing in harmony, or just the trees swaying by the wind. It's a very relaxing atmosphere to be in, and normally I'd enjoy taking a walk through a forest. If there wasn't a raging man yelling at the large group of soldiers I was following.

"I told you all to keep walking you lazy mutts! This isn't some sort of field trip to watch the damn wildlife scenery! We're going to an expedition at a dungeon where we'll be fighting for our damn lives! Quit laughing back there, you think this is a joke!? Maggots like you will die in an instant if you underestimate an [S-Ranked] dungeon! It doesn't matter if you're an [Immortal-Tier], you're still freaking killable! Being [Immortal-Tier] doesn't make you immortal you pieces of crap! Even a kid would know this!"

Currently, the entire expedition group is marching through a forest to get to a [Mana Field]. No, they're not field made of mana or anything, it's just a location with a higher density of mana than normal. They're useful for spells that require large amounts of mana, because the mage can extract mana from these fields to complete the spell.

They're randomly scattered throughout [Sykerion], all naturally made by the world itself. They can't be created or destroyed, but they do have a limited storage. If someone manages to deplete the entire mana supply though, the [Mana Fields] can regenerate it's mana automatically. It usually takes approximately a month or two to completely refill its storage, so many countries have created laws to prevent people from overusing these fields.

"Mr. Terimal is just as motivating as ever, it seems." Jinada mutters aloud.

"Well, he isn't going to retire anytime soon, not before he whips us all into [Royal Guard] material." Morne whispers in response.

"...he's scaring away the animals..." Cam must've been looking forward to seeing some, since her voice had a hint of sadness to it.

"We'll get to see some on the way back, don't worry. Otherwise, I'll take you to the zoo, alright?" Cam's eyes seem to light up upon hearing Jinada's words.

"That isn't fair! Let me go too!" Pyre says with dissatisfaction.

"...me as well." Even Mira wanted to join? Were they that interested in the animals?

"I'm trying really hard to resist the urge to just kill you right now, Jinada." Morne glares at him as he says this, clearly jealous.

"Why's that? Is there something wrong with visiting the zoo as a group?" Jinada's response attracts even more glares from the men around him. I didn't see anything wrong with that either. Isn't it fun when there's more people?

"Nothing. Someone as dense as you wouldn't understand anyway."

"Say, what happened to Thoth? She hasn't said anything for a while, and that blank expression on her face hasn't changed since we started on this march." Ah, Pyre actually noticed.

"Ah, it's probably because of what happened earlier." Jinada explains to her about the scene where he told Thoth only one quest was available for her. She went into some sort of extremely shocked state, and has been like that ever since we left the [Guild Office]. Fortunately, she was able to accept the only [A-Ranked] quest available for her, so at least she'll be able get something out of this expedition. How she was able to access the pylon and receive the quest while in that state is a mystery I still can't figure out myself.

"Hahahaha! Serves her right for failing her academic studies!" Tears can be seen in the corner of Pyre's eyes as she laughs loudly.

"Hey! What the hell are you bastards talking about!? I hear laughter back there! I just said to shut the hell up and keep marching!" The angry man yells. Pyre immediately stops laughing, and continued marching as if nothing had happened.