The First Day

"Aria, dear, wake up." A calm, gentle voice fills my mind. I open my eyes immediately upon hearing, and see my mother standing over me by my bedside. "Good morning Aria. Time to get ready for your first day of school." Her voice instantly changes from calm and gentle to excitement and glee. My mother was far more excited than I was for my first day of school.

As she said, today was the first day of school, which also marked my first day of finally having a proper schedule to live by. My mother picked me up out of my bed, and began to strip me of my clothes. It's been a while since she's done this. She was treating me extremely delicately despite knowing how strong I was. It's not like I don't like her treating me like this though. Kinda makes me feel like a princess, you know...

"Sometimes I wish you would just remove these bandages at least once. I want to see how well you're growing under those, see how beautiful you've become." My mother says with a saddened expression. I was still wrapped in the gauze bandages from two years ago, but the bandages never became loose nor have they impeded my growth in any way. This is because I applied an enchantment on it that corrects it's growth to the my size. It's not like items can't have both curses and enchantments, right?

I still wear clothing over these bandages though, because it's important for a girl to look nice. What? I was a male previously? Doesn't matter, I'm a female now, and I don't mind adapting a female mentality. I'll just go along with what I'm given. Anyway, my mother finishes dressing me in a small t-shirt and shorts. She wasn't a fan of skirts and dresses, so I guess she didn't want to see me wearing them either. Not that I mind, because I found this type of clothing comfortable anyway. It doesn't seem like she's done helping me yet though. She lifted me up in her arms and carried me out my room.

"My, my, you've gotten big, haven't you?" She hasn't done this since I was six years old, so it was a bit of a nostalgic feeling. Even so, she was right about me getting big. It seemed like I inherited her height properties, because I'm taller than what most kids my age would be; 1.4 meters tall. I can only imagine my height as I grow older.

My mother proceeded to carry me down the stairway and into the dining room, where my father finished making us breakfast. It the was the same as usual, fried eggs and toasted spread with butter spread out over it. Although my mom tried to feed me my breakfast, I refused her and ate it myself before her puppy eyes got to me.

After finishing breakfast, we all left the house at the same time. Normally, they would've gone to work earlier, but today they were walking me to school because I didn't know the way there on my own. It was only for today though, because they couldn't afford to walk me there every day. Nothing interesting happened during the whole 15 minutes, and we eventually reach the school entrance. A large crowd of students were entering the gates, a majority of them being seen off by their parents like mine. At the entrance, my parents gave me a few parting word before I entered through the gates.

"Be careful, dear, don't get into trouble okay? If anyone happens to you, be sure to tell us after school, alright?" As usual, my mother was extremely worried for my well being.

"I know you'll be alright my little princess, just make some friends and have fun, got it?" At least my father had confidence in me. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to meet his expectations. I wasn't a very social person back then, and I doubt that's gotten any better since reincarnation.

They wave at me as I walk away, and I entered the school building along with the large crowd of students. This marked my first day of being on my own outside of home.
______
From what I've read from books, over 10% of the population strives to become adventurers. There's approximately 12 billion people in Sykerion, which mean that 1.2 billion people around the world are either adventurers or trying to become one. Even though I knew this, I was still amazed by the size of the school and the amount of people here attending it. From what I've read on the booklet I was given before coming here, there were four different areas the school was divided into: