Side Story 2: The Partner's Side

"Let's see, what can I use here for tomorrow?" I look through several racks of weapons and armor, currently being stored in the armory of [Atalin's Royal Academy]. How did I get inside? Well first, I disabled the campus cameras by using [Dark Magic], then I head to the back of the building. Using demon magic, I cut a small hole into the wall, and throw a [Spectral Dagger] through it. This way, I can just enter freely and take whatever I need. Obviously, I'm doing this all during the night, because it's easier that way.

Tomorrow, I'm going to the [Kazaric Ravines] with Aria, and I'm very excited to enter there with her. Albeit slowly, my stats have been going up, and they're currently an eyesore to look at. I know the cause for this, because it also occurred in my previous life as a Demon. It'll fix itself eventually, but for now, I have to bear with these terrible numbers. At least I'm finally able to usesome of my [Demon Magic] again, so I believe I'll be able to handle myself in the dungeon as long as I don't overuse it.

Right now, I'm trying to find armor and weapons that can help give me an edge in the dungeon. I believe it's supposed to be a huge ravine of ice monsters, that has around 15 floors to it. So I need armor that's both light and ice resistant, so I don't take as much damage from the monsters and I don't get tired from advancing through the dungeon.

I head into the back of the armory, where the more modern weapons and armor are placed, and search through using my [Eyes of Magic Perception] to appraise them. Although I can't find any armor that's specifically ice resistant, I find something that is both light and strong. Modern armor with defensive properties much stronger than the chainmail in my previous life. There were many different sizes for the armor, because it was made for students in the school to use for practice and spars.

I pick one that fits my size, and searched through the armory for a weapon I could use. I find an orange spear that's been enchanted with fire magic, and decide to use that. A spear is my weapon of preference, so this basically suited me. Light armor, and a spear. I'm now prepared to enter the dungeon with Aria, so I leave the armory through the shadow I created earlier and left the campus.
------
"Oh my god! Where did you get that!?" I yell out loud upon seeing Aria. In her hands, was a device that I've only heard about and haven't seen in person. A new weapon developed by modern technology, the [Magic Gun].

"I want one! I want one! Hey, where did you steal that? I'm going to get one too!" I yell in an excited manner. It looked really cool, I seriously wanted one for myself.

"...castle." She replies as she points towards that direction.

My excitement immediately dies down, and I feel a slight bit of despair. There was no way I'd simply break into a place like that.

"...school?" Aria asks if I can obtain these weapons from school. I shake my head to this.

"Yeah, I can't do that. Their armory is in their firing range, a place I don't have access to and can't sneak into." The modern weapons in the regular armory only had spears and swords of modern designs and such. No [Magic Guns] for me to use in there.

After our short talk, we began heading towards the direction of the [Kazaric Ravines], which was in the opposite direction of the [Forest of Fire]. As we go there, I ask her about the cloak she was wearing. I noticed it earlier, but I was too curious about the weapon that I forgot about it. There's no way that can be the armor she's planning to use against the monsters. It'll be torn in a matter of seconds.

"By the way, what's with that cloak?" I ask.

"...surprise." Is the answer I get. What a cheeky little girl, keeping little secrets and surprises from me. I glare at her for now, but I'll be patient and wait.