The Day Out

4 days have passed, and it's finally the first weekend of the school year. Throughout the week, I've suffered forced combat training that for some reason differs from my peers, learnt about different plants and monsters in wilderness survival, and listened to more random tales about my exploits in the past. Attending school is a lot harder than I thought.

Anyway, it's now Saturday, and I can finally take a break from all of that. Today, I just feel like sleeping and reading in my room. I don't want to do any more physical or social activities, it's too much of a pain. Unfortunately, my mother and a certain friend had other plans for me.

"Aria! Guess who's here!" My mother bursts into the room, yelling that, and I immediately pull the blanket over my head. I didn't want to get out of this warm little spot I have right here. "Come on, dear, don't be like that!"

"Don't worry, I'll handle it, Ms. Brynhildr. You can wait outside for now." Another voice speaks to my mom, and I hear an 'okay~' from my mother before the sound of a door shutting closed can be heard. Although my mother finally left, I'd have preferred her to be here this moment, because that voice I heard was extremely familiar.

"Okay then, Mr. Taciturn, time to RISE AND SHINE!" The voice yelled out loud, and suddenly I'm being lifted while wrapped in the blanket. The person holding me began to spin me around, and I began to feel dizzy. I don't let my voice out, and I try to endure this silently. Then, the blanket began to loosen, and I slip out of it, flying face-first straight into my wall. Thankfully, the bed was my landing zone, so I didn't take any more damage when I fell.

"...why?" I sit up as if nothing even happened to me, and faced the perpetrator of this act of evilness.

"Of course, it's because you didn't wake up and greet me! Look, we're friends now right? So friends should hang out with each other!" The cheerful girl in front of me states this as if it was only natural to swing your friend around if they didn't wake up to say hello.

"...why?" I ask a second time. This time I was asking why she wanted to hang out with me today.

"Like, I, said! We're friends now! Therefore, I'm going to drag you out with me and we're both going to the mall! So let's get your dressed up!" She begins pulling on my clothes and removing them for me, until I was completely undressed and the only thing visible was the bandages wrapping me.

Why is it that every girl close to me wants to dress me up? Is it somehow fun to dress up someone wrapped up like a mummy? I don't understand them. Anyway, she enters my closet and looks through the clothes I have.

"Why is there a rabbit costume in here?" She asks while pulling out a t-shirt and shorts for me.

"Mom." I reply. She snorts to herself, holding back her laughter. I try to glare at her, but obviously no one could tell if I was due to the bandages.

"Well, let's get going. I want to spend the whole day with you, so let's make the most of it!" She grabs my hand and sprints out the room, pulling me along with her. I nearly tumble as we run down the stairs, but manage to maintain my balance. After putting our shoes on at the front door, my mother yells from the living room.

"Have a great time, you two! Tell your mother I said hi, Thoth!"

"Thank you! We'll be back!" My friend shouts back. These two seemed much more compatible with each other than I was. Kind of saddens me for a bit, but I forget about it right away. It's only a trivial thing. We leave the house, and exit out the front gate, heading towards the downtown section of the city. Thoth tries to start up a conversation on the way there.

"So, how've you been doing since we last met?" She asked.

"...busy...school..." I tell her. She has a look of surprise in her face for a second, then a grin appears on her face.