Side Story 3: Team Deathmatch

"Welcome, to the [Inter-School Fall Tournament]!" All of my friends around me begian to cheer in celebration, excited for the tournament.

I search the crowd to find Aria, but there were too many people for me to get sight of her. Most likely, she's probably standing alone near edge of the arena. She'll probably be fine on her own for now, so I'll stay here and wait until the events start. The principal continues making his speech about the tournament, but I ignore everything past the welcome because I could care less about anything else he says.

"Hey, Thoth, what'cha thinking about? You're not being yourself right now, you know?" One of my friends ask me.

A red haired boy about my height, yet, he's supposedly older than me. He had a strange name, Orima Tatsuki. He says his family is from the east, and they use a different language that uses different characters. Due to this, the names of places and people are influenced as well by the different language. Orima was the mage of our group, but I highly doubt that sometimes when I see him in combat. He's like some sort of monk when it comes to close ranged combat, beating down anyone who gets close to him with his staff.

"Yeah, yeah, you're so quiet! C'mon, get excited! You're the leader here, so we can't have you get dispirited now!" A girl who's as tall as Aria says to me in a cheerful voice.

A beautiful girl with long blond hair, and sky blue eyes, the girl's name is Eve Minawolt, part of the royal family in the kingdom of Kargia. Kargia is the neighboring kingdom to Atalin, and it was also known as the [Kingdom of Immortals]. Most of the [Immortal Tier] humans are from Kargia, and even most of the their citizens are in the upper ranks of the [Mortal Tier].

Their community is extremely aggressive though, conflicts leading to fights being a common sight within cities and towns in the kingdom. Eve's parent thought that she wouldn't do very well in a school full of such aggressive warriors, so she was sent here instead. I could understand why, though. This girl was as happy-go-lucky as Aria, doing whatever she wants and is fine with whatever happens as long as she's alive in the end.

"What, you're worried about me? Who do you think I am? There's no way I'll get dispirited before we even start! Quit making fun of me and let's get going to one of the underground rooms. We're going to warm up before starting, I don't want to hear any bad excuses if any of you screw up during battle." I say to my team, and they all reply readily to my commands.
-------
"Is this seriously all you guys got!? At least scratch me before you guys start falling!" I yell at all of the other members, sprawled across the ground.

"Hah... hah... you're too fast Thoth... I can only see you blurring... it's not fair at all!" Eve complains while panting on the ground.

"You say that, but Mint was capable of seeing my attacks! Heck, she can still throw accurately when I move at that speed, and you're saying you can only see a blur!?" I'm purposely yelling at them like this for training purposes.

In order to have them get used to teamwork, I make them all battle me four against one. Although this means I won't be working with them, it's fine because I'm the assassin who aims to kill stray opponents while they battle them head on. Even I met these four just last week, they've improved greatly already, capable of synchronizing their attacks as if it was natural. Their ability to adapt to any situation was also amazing, able to improvise with anything they had on the spot.

Although they were all more capable than the average warriors, they're still no match for someone like me. I was the former demon lord, after all, with hundreds of years of combat experience, and most of my old magic and combat skills. There was no way they'd be able to actually hit me.

The team consisted of 5 people total, the minimum amount required to participate in the group events. It wasn't very balanced, because we didn't have anyone with a proper defensive class nor did we have a healer, we're most just a bundle of offensive power. We've been working on our teamwork and evasion, in order to make up for missing those two important aspects of a team.