The Blessing

"Aria? What happened to you? Are you okay!?" At the doorway to my room, my mother was staring at me, and began panicking on the spot. "When did this happen to you!? Are you in pain!? Do we need to take you to the hospital!?"

Having no idea what to do in this situation, she just stands at the doorway and starts to spout gibberish. Soon enough, I can hear heavy footsteps from the hallway. My father probably heard my mother's shouting and began rushing here to see what's happening.

Honestly, the situation seemed a bit hopeless for me at this point. Maybe I should just come clean. I can't exactly say I'm cursed, seeing my mother panicking here just because I was covered in gauze. I can only imagine her reaction to hearing the excuse that I was cursed at birth. As I attempt to find a way out of this, I enter a deep state of thought and my mother suddenly became quiet. When I realized this, I look up to find out why she calmed down, and noticed the bluish aura that was floating around me.

"...shit..." I quietly muttered. For the past six years, I was contained my mana the entire time because it would leak out if I didn't do so. In my previous life, the effect of me leaking mana was similar to releasing a heavy pressure due to my large mana pool. Of course, this effect only occured under certain conditions, usually when someone had a mana pool at least two times larger than any individual within their immediate vicinity. Therefore, my mother didn't feel this heavy pressure, but she did know that I have more mana than my body can handle.

"Hana!" My father's voice resounded through the hall just outside my room. "What's wrong!? Did something happen to Aria!?" Soon enough, his small figure appeared behind my mother, who was actually taller than him. His eyes immediately lock on to me, and his expression became one of astonishment as well. After hearing my mother's reply to my father, it was my turn to have a shocked face.

"Kieran, it's a miracle! Our daughter was just blessed by the [System]! She's been given the ability to use mana!" She quickly becomes excited and comes over to lift me into her embrace. She begins spinning in circles with me in her arms, while my dad had a tearful expression of happiness on his face. The spinning began to make me feel sick, and it didn't look like she'd stop anything soon. I guess I'll show them another 'blessing from the [System].'

"Mommy...please...stop..." I whispered quietly. Surprisingly, my mother heard me even though my voice barely made any sound, and the gauze should've muffled it slightly. Tears began forming in her eyes as well, and she hugged me tightly to her bosom, patting my head. My dad came over and hugged the both of us in his arms. Although I didn't communicate with them much, it was clear that these two unconditionally loved me despite thinking I was retarded and mute. I wish my parents in my previous lifetime were like this.
______
Many months has passed by since that event, and my parents began to take me out of the house with them. I learn that I was residing in the city of Forlin, the new capital of the Atalin Kingdom. Apparently, the previous capital was completely transformed into a dungeon called the [Capital of the Dead], an S ranked dungeon.

Whenever they took me out to the city, we would often be greeted by many of the citizens and shop keepers. It seems like my parents were very well known by the local populace. When they saw me on the other hand, they gave looks of worry and pity towards me, probably because I was still wrapped in bandages. I ignored these looks though, and instead, I began to become curious about my parents, and asked them questions about who they were.

"So you want to know who I was in the past? Hm... where should I start..." First I asked my mother, mostly because I wanted to know the reason why she was stronger than my father. My mother was a woman who stood taller than most men I'd seen in my past life, but she was a still a beautiful woman nonetheless. I inherited my sky blue hair from her, a color which really captivated the eye. The only thing I hope not to inherit are those 'melons' she had. They seemed needlessly useless, and I feel that it would actually become a burden to me if I find myself in battle.

"Well, mommy used to be a captain of a small group of adventurers serving under the kingdom, you know?" She looked extremely prideful as she said that. "We were the strongest party in the military, often exploring dungeons in the [Immortal Realm] and earning achievements. They used to call me the [Walking Armament], you know? It's because my class was a [Gun Knight], but unlike most people of my class, I was able to use any type of weapon as long as it can fire bullets or rockets."

"You're trying to boast about that to our six year old daughter? I don't think she even knows what guns are." My father's statement gets him a deadly glare from my mother, but that immediately disappeared and she started to explain to me what guns are. My father shakes his head from this, but doesn't try to stop her. But seriously, who would try to talk to their six year old child about weaponry? If I wasn't a regular little girl, I wouldn't have understood a single word that came out of her mouth, but fortunately I wasn't a regular child and I got the gist of what these weapons were.

According to her, guns are devices that fire small projectiles known as bullets, using magic power as the propelling force. Originally, something known as gunpowder was used to fire these projectiles, but a certain inventor discovered that firing with magic power allows the bullet to be enchanted by magic and become even more powerful. These devices divided into several subcategories such as machine guns and rocket launchers, but she didn't bother to explain them all. After she finished explaining them, I began to feel excited from within. These new devices created after my death seemed to have considerable power, and my mother was a master at using them. Similar in regards to how I was able to use any and every weapon in my previous life.

"Well, now that you're done explaining a completely unknown topic to our child, it's my turn to talk about myself." My father says, clearly holding a hint of excitement in his voice as well. My father was the opposite of my mother. He was held a calm demeanor most of the time, and is often the one doing the domestic chores around the house, which my mother was completely useless at. He had a short stature, purple ombre hair and hazel colored eyes.

"So, like your mother, I was part of the kingdom's military force. My class is a rare class called the [Gravity Mage], and my specialy was using [Spacial Magic]. Just like you Aria, I showed signs of holding mana at a young age, except I was 12 years old and it wasn't large enough for me to worry about it leaking. In fact, I'm surprised that you even have that much mana at 6 years old. Truly a blessing from the [System]." Before I realize it, he's gone off topic, but he quickly returns to talking about himself a bit after.

"Anyway, the title I was given during my time as a [Gravity Mage] was the [Unstoppable Force]. Literally because they couldn't stop my advances without disabling my magic, which took several magicians to do to so. I was able to fly, create a pocket dimensino to hold items, teleport short distances and manipulate the pressure of gravity for both myself and my enemies." Just like my mother, he threw in several terms that I normally wouldn't understand as a young child. These two were seriously trying too hard to impress a six year old kid.

Well, whatever. This satisfied my curiousity, so I muttered a 'thank you' quietly to my parents. As a habit in both my previous life and this life, I tend to keep quiet and only speak when necessary. Due to this, they started to believe that hearing my voice was some sort of reward. Whatever makes them happy, I guess. Sometimes, they even begin hugging me as if I'm a stuffed doll, just like what they're doing right now. It's not like I dislike this kind of treatment though...

curiousity, so I muttered a 'thank you' quietly to my parents. As a habit in both my previous life and this life, I tend to keep quiet and only speak when necessary. Due to this, my parents treats the fact that they heard my voice as a reward whenever they hear it. Sometimes, they even begin hugging me as if I'm a stuffed doll, just like what they're doing right now. It not like I dislike this kind of treatment though...