V2 Chapter 2: The Adventurer's Guild

"You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!" A man says, before the rapid sound of gunfire is heard.

Currently, an old television film is being aired on the television, and I listen to it while waiting for Thoth. Along with listening the television, I'm sketching in a drawing book I bought a few months ago, following a cartoon style developed in the east. I believed it was known as 'anime,' but I'm not so sure. I liked the appearance, so I decided to try and copy it.

I was waiting for Thoth right now, who was already an hour late. My father locked himself in his study again, researching the [Summoning Magic] that the king requested. Mother hasn't returned yet, so I was all alone in this living room, with nothing much to do besides drawing. Now that I think of it, recently, I've been spending more time with others rather than being alone. It was a nice change to have from my previous life.

The doorbell rings as I finish the clothing on the character I'm drawing, and I put the book down before heading to the door. I put on my shoes and make sure I have the keys in my pockets before grabbing the door handle. Upon opening the door, I see the cheerful girl I was waiting for. She wore tomboyish clothing similar to mine, and stood about ten centimeters shorter than me. Her hair was short and spiky, which was the exact same style I had in my previous life. At this point, it truly was a mirror image of me as a female in modern clothing.

"Hey Aria~! I'm here!" Thoth waves her hand at me while giving me a smile.

"...you're late." I immediately reply.

"Ehehehe, yeah, um, about that..."

"Woke up late." I state the reason she always gives for being late.

"But, but, it wasn't my fault you know!? Last night, there was a really cool movie at the cinema, and I went to watch with my family, and we came back late, and, and..." Her words trail off as she fails to think of an excuse for waking up late.

"...let's just go." I tell her, walking out the door.

"Yeah, yeah, let's just forget about it and go register!" She says happily as she follows me.

As optimistic as ever, she acts as if her being an hour late didn't matter very much. This was a common thing whenever we made plans to go out, so I was used to it. After locking the door, we both exit through the front gate and walk down the main road into the city.

"Although we were both men in our previous lives, I still feel a bit jealous looking at your appearance..." Thoth suddenly says.

"...why?" Curious about this sudden comment, I slow down my walking pace a bit to have her walk besides me.

"You have such beautiful hair, you look hot in those clothes, and that chest..." Her words cut off again as she stares at her own flat chest before grabbing at them.

"Why are you getting all the good stuff!? Why did I turn into you!?" She spontaneously starts throwing a tantrum, pounding her fists at me. She didn't put any strength into it, though, so it didn't hurt that much.

"...fate?" I truly did believe it was just fate playing around with us.

"What, so fate decided that you would get a D-cup at the age of 13!? I mean, look at these freaking things!" She yells while suddenly grabbing at my breasts.

"...luck?" I state the second reason that comes to my mind. This got me a blank stare from Thoth, who releases my chest.

"That's right... you're always the lucky one... it's like you have a stat for it and the limit for it broke..." She begins muttering as she abruptly stops and starts sulking near a telephone pole.