The Day Before The Tournament

"Aria! Guess who's here~?" My mother bursts into my room, yelling out loud. I stay in bed, not wanting to get out. Right after my mother's voice, though, came a voice I was very familiar with.

"Hey Aria! Let's go out and play~!" Thoth's voice resounds through the room.

I slowly get up from my bed, and look at the two bundle of energies in my room. As soon as they look at my appearance, though, they just stood there silently. I wasn't wearing anything besides a pair of panties, because I felt that it would be more comfortable doing so. Honestly, I hate sleeping with clothes on because it's too stuffy and hot. It seems like the sight of me in my underwear was too shocking for them though? I mean, if it could shut up these two, then there must be something wrong with my appearance.

"...good morning?" I ask them, trying to break the silence.

"Dear, what are you doing!?" My mother immediately yells after I ask that.

"Show some modesty! Since when did you start sleeping like this!?" She tries to start lecturing me, but Thoth immediately pushes her out the room and locks the door. Then, she turns to face me and says,

"Aria. Never, ever, sleep like this outside of your house." Her voice sounded extremely serious, and I tilt my head to ask why.

"Because if you do, you'll kill the men and maybe some woman by the sight."

...I seriously looked that bad, huh? Whatever, I ignore her comment and get out of bed to dress myself. Immediately I hear a squeal from Thoth who turns away from me.

"Put some clothes on already!" She yells at me.

What did she think I was doing? In order to do that, I need to get to my wardrobe. And in order to get over there, I need to get out of bed, you know? Sometimes, Thoth can be a bit of an airhead, not thinking about these kinds of things. Well, I guess it made her cute somewhat. After putting on clothes, we both head downstairs, where my father made breakfast for four people.

"Hey, Thoth. Would you like bacon and eggs for breakfast?" He asks, despite already making it.

"Yeah, I'm fine with it!" She replies with a cheerful expression. She strikes up conversations with my mother and father, talking about her school experiences, when she suddenly brings up;

"Hey, hey, did you know, the [Fall Tournament] is starting tomorrow!"

"Ah, yes, it's that time of the year, isn't it, Hana?" It seems like my parents have forgotten about the event until she brought it up.

"Oh yeah~ there was something like that wasn't there?" My mother replies.

"Did you know, I'm participating in it! I even have a team I can work with for the group events!" Thoth announces. She's going to drop that bomb real soon, wouldn't she?

"Is that so? Maybe we should go watch it, should we?" My father asks.

"Oh, that sounds amazing! I'd love to see if you inherited any of your father's traits, Thoth!" She was getting excited for the tournament tomorrow, sparkles gleaming in her eyes.

"Also, not only am I participating, but Aria's joining in as well!" There's the bomb. My mother and father immediately freezes whatever they're doing upon hearing this. Then, they turn their heads in stiff movements to face me, with frozen smiles on their faces.

"Aria, what she had just said, is it true?" My mother asks me.

"...yes." I admit.

She squeals out in complete excitement, before grabbing my dad by the shoulders.