The Lessons

After lunch ended, I climbed back down the building via the windows by the backside of the building. Using my [Enhanced Detection], I confirm that no one was nearby, and I reach the ground quickly. I head to my next class, which was [Basic Combat] class. This class took place outside on the open fields, and the class consisted mostly physical training, as one would expect. This is also the class with the most teachers, because everyone had a different specialty when it came to combat, so a variety of teachers are needed to specifically train each category.

Although yesterday everyone introduced each other to break the ice and know their peers, today the actual training began. Currently, we were inside the school armory, where weapon racks and armor were held everywhere. At the very back was where the practice equipment was, and the teachers told us to bring all of it outside.

"I'm going to make every single one of you try every single weapon until you find something you're comfortable with. It's important to use a weapon that you have a natural affinity with, so be sure to try all of them before deciding on one." We're told to pick try any weapon we want, and decide on a weapon we'll be using specifically. Of course, we could change this at any time.

Obviously, I can't exactly find a weapon I have a natural affinity with because I already have mastery in every type of weapon with the exception of [Guns]. Therefore, I pick up a small practice dagger, and decide to go with it. Next, we had to practice 'holding the weapon properly' and 'guards,' mostly because a majority of these kids never had any actual training with the weapons they're using right now.

The class splits off into different groups, categorizing based on the weapons we're using. I went with the group that categorized under [Small Weaponry], because, well, do I really need to explain? The teacher for this group was a young man who barely seemed like he's past 17. Yes, he looked that young. I don't have any doubts of his ability as a teacher though, because I can clearly see that he was stronger than all of the other teachers in this class.

"Hello, my name is Avern. I'm an adventurer who specializes in [Small Weapons], obviously, and my class is [Rogue]. Right now, three out of eight of you are already holding the weapon wrong, so I'm already doubting some of your skills at this. For now, follow your peer's examples and fucking hold it right."

...Woah there tough guy. Attitude, holy shit. Drop it by a notch or two, will you? By the way, I was one of those three people. I intentionally held it with both hands in a stance that one would use for a sword. I switch my grip to a foregrip, and 'properly' hold the dagger.

He began teaching us stances and if any of our body parts weren't in the correct position, for example, the left arm not far enough forward, he'd forcibly 'correct' that. By correcting I mean he hits it real hard with a wooden stick he has for some reason. Because I needed to fake being a complete amateur, I intentionally screwed up quite a bit, and got hit quite a lot for that. It hurts, I tell you. It hurts. I can hear you kids behind me laughing at me. Bastards.

"Aria, are you sure you feel that you'd do well with a knife? From what I've seen so far, you couldn't even thrust the thing without ruining your balance." The teacher criticizes me harshly. Yep, that's how poorly I was doing. "Why are you wrapped it gauze anyway? You shouldn't be here if you had wounds that serious, so clearly, there must be something else to it." What a surprise. This guy is way~ sharper than he looks and acts.

Let's see, how do I respond to this? Let's show him a reason why I'm here. How about I throw the dagger? I can show that I could properly throw it, but I'm not aware of how to use it. Sounds dumb, right? I was originally, 'mentally retarded,' so let's go with it.

Let's see, I need to find a target to use. Nah, let's use the teacher as the target. He'll be able to catch it, right? I point at him, and then drew a little cross over the left area of my chest. I raise the knife, and flip it so I'm holding the blade rather than the handle. Fortunately, he understood my strange sequence of actions, and told the other students to back away. This guy's too smart, understanding me so soon after meeting me.