The Free For All

"Weapons, check! Hair, check! Clothing, check! It looks like you're all ready!" Thoth says to me before patting my back.

I had no idea why, but she suddenly wanted to 'gear me up' herself. She brought several sets of clothes and began making me try on different things. Apparently, it's to make my appearance to the crowd more 'attractive.' I don't know if this will work, but I hope it'll work. A bad reputation's never a good thing, it makes things more complicated in the future if everyone fears you.

In the end, I ended up wearing the same style of clothing as usual; a t-shirt with shorts. Except these pants were far shorter than they should be, and I was given some sort of jacket made of denim. She even gave me some fingerless gloves that were black and red. After dressing me as she liked, she finally lets me leave the room and head towards the [Arena].

I walk through one of the four main entrances into the colosseum, Thoth following from behind. As soon as we make our appearance, the crowd cheers out loud. The crowd must truly love Thoth if they're cheering this much. She's a very charming person, after all. Our positions were truly in reverse, people believing that I'm a creation of destruction, while she's the people's hero.

"Everyone, the biggest individual event that you are all expecting, is finally here! With only three minutes to spare, every participant has to kill as many other combatants as they possibly can, and anyone surviving at the end will gain an extra 50 points for being alive! Be careful though, each of you only has one life. Once you die, you're out of the event. There are 166 participants in total, more than the [King of the Hill] from yesterday! The top three people who killed the most combatants will gain bonus points!" The announcer tells us the rules, just like yesterday during the beginning of [King of the Hill] event.

Prior to joining the event, Thoth and I made an agreement that instead of fighting each other, we'll make it a contest to see who obtains the most kills. We had to be careful though, because this time, Zellaroth was in this event. I heard that Pyrion was as well, but I still don't know who he is, so that means I have to keep an eye out for a sudden attack from him.

I pull on my gloves, tightening them. It felt kind of strange, having my fingers exposed while wearing gloves, but the nostalgic feeling of wearing some made me think of my past life. Unholstering the gun in my right hand, and unsheathing my dagger in my left, I take a deep breath, preparing to cover myself in blood again.

The battlegrounds for the event was a dried wasteland, with large rocks here and there. I can make use of those to my advantage, but it will probably be quite the painful death for the victims. I feel Thoth's [Aura of Annihilation] being released from behind me, and I also release my own. Everyone in the arena turns towards our direction, intimidated by our auras. Right after, the announcer starts the event.

"Now, then let us begin the event of chaos, the [Free For All]!" No countdown this time, the bell rung right away after he said that.

Several combatants shout out war cries as the battle starts, immediately charging at the closest fighter. No one approached Thoth and I, though, probably too scared of us. So instead, I immediately dash to the largest cluster of fighters that I can find, and dive right into the center of it, and immediately start the killing.

As I literally dive into the center of the cluster, I stab my dagger into the first man I see, right in the throat. Probably because he had a higher HP pool than average, and everything in this world is subjected to status, he didn't die right away. I solve that problem right away by pulling out the knife and stabbing the left side of his chest, at his heart.

With my other hand, I raise the barrel to knock away an attacker's weapon, before firing it right under his jaw at point blank range. I kick his body away into someone behind me, the force knocking him over. When he falls to the ground, I stomp on his head, aiming at his cranium. Feeling the top of his skull cave in, I refocus my attention to deflecting people trying to surprise attack me.