V2 Prologue: The Future

"Please, please, have mercy on us!" A man pleaded to the figure in front of him.

The figure he pleaded to was a creature not of that world. It was similar to a bird, except with a more human-like figure. It still retained the beak, wings and feathers, but it had limbs and hair on it's head. Strangely, they also spoke in the common human language; English. These bird men are [Monsters] from a [Dungeon World], which is currently attempting to invade Sykerion.

Currently, a large group of these bird-men have taken over a small town called [Dimford]. They lost one fourth of their numbers, but succeeded in the end, gathering all the citizens in the town center. Now, one by one, they were being executed by having their throats torn out with the beaks of these creatures. It was a ritual held by these creatures whenever they are successful in an invasion.

They sent over half of their forces to invade another town, leaving behind a small group to complete this ritual of theirs. Though, this group alone numbered over 30,000. Only about 5,000 were inside the town to search for survivors and gather them all, while the rest were outside to look out for reinforcements.

After gathering every survivor they could find, their ritual began. The cries of the mans were ignored, as the beak of the creature in front of him bites into his neck, ripping out his throat. He dies on the spot, and several of the other citizens begin screaming out in fear. There was nothing they could do, because everyone with a combat-related class had already died earlier trying to repel them. A warning message has already been sent out, but the help would not arrive in time.

It seemed hopeless to them, but suddenly, a huge gust of wind runs through the town. Normally, something like this would be ignored, but a whistle was heard through the air, and something hit the bird-man that just executed the man. No one saw what exactly happened, but a thin, red line ran through his upper body, before it topples over. His body was completely split in half.

Then, another gust of wind runs through, and several hundred more whistling sounds in the air are heard. The red lines run through the rest of the birds, slicing them apart like butter. There was nothing they could do when there was a storm of invisible attacks cutting them apart.

"What just happened!?" One of the humans shout out in surprise.

"Where did that come from!?" Another asked.

"Did help arrive!?" Hope ran through the crowd.

None of them could see the girl standing on top of the church at the other side of town, the source of the invisible attacks. In her hands, were several hundred ultra thin wires that were glowing yellow. A new adventurer with a petite physique, brown hair, and hazel eyes, she graduated her school as the second best, granting her an [A-Ranked] status on her [Adventurer's Card]. She had spent a huge portion of her life training her unique style of combat, earning herself a title, prestige, and power.

"Wow, how pretty~ It's always nice to see your magic in action." A voice speaks out to the girl that just killed a group of 5,000 enemies in a short span of time.

"...it makes me tired though..." She replies to the voice.

"That's fine. It probably took all your mana to do that, so get some rest, will you? We'll handle the rest." The speaker walks up to her from behind, standing next to her. A tall, tomboyish girl stood there, who had short black hair, and brown eyes. She wore heavy platemail armor, but was the fastest amongst her peers even with the armor on. As the best adventurer of the school she attended, she's also a [A-Ranked] adventurer.

"...what about the rest?" The girl asked.

"Well, I took care of the east side on my own. The princess and her servant should be taking care of the north and south side. And the west side should be getting explosions in the next minute." As soon as she says that, several flashes of fire can be seen on the west side. "Yeah, so it doesn't seem like there's any more here, so we should probably get moving to search for the next wave."