V2 chapter 3: The Quest

"So, today's finally the day my little princess goes off on her adventurer." My father says to me, standing at the doorway.

Today I'm supposed to do my first quest with Thoth, and right now I was going to go to the [Adventurer's Guild] to meet up with her. I was also carrying a backpack my father prepared for me. Most of the time, high level quests took a long period of time to complete, and we were searching for [A-Ranked] quests. It's very likely that it'll take at least a week to complete, so he packed me several things he deemed necessary for a long term adventure.

"Remember, don't get overconfident and pick something beyond your power. Be sure to do whatever you can within your power, but rely on Thoth a bit as well. Alright?" He advises me. I nod to this, and he smiles before rubbing my head.

"Good girl. I'm sure you'll listen to daddy. It's kind of a disappointment that Hana isn't here today to see you off, but I'm sure she'd be in tears while doing so. I know that she'd be proud though, seeing her little girl go off on her first adventure. Be safe, and have fun." Again, I nod to this, before turning around and walking down the road.

As I walk away from home, I spin around and wave at my father. He waves back, and I turn back to the road and sprint towards the mall. Time for my first quest.
-------
"...repeat that." I say to the smiling girl standing in front of me.

"I said, we're going to go dragon slaying! I found it as an emergency quest that requires at least [Mortal Tier] [A-Ranked] adventurers! There's going to be a raid against a dragon that attacked a nearby city the other day, and escaped into the [Undead Mountain] after sustaining heavy wounds!" Thoth repeats for me, following my request.

"...bye." I immediately start walking away, before Thoth grabs the hem of my shirt in a panick.

"Wait! Why!? It's a dragon! A dragon I tell you! I haven't fought one since the year before our final battle! Come on! It'll be so exciting!" Desperate to have me come, she holds onto my shirt as I drag her behind me.

Currently, we were in the middle of the lobby for the [Guild Office], which was the designated meeting point. We attract the attention of several other adventurers around us, shamelessly causing a scene. At this point, we're building ourselves a reputation of being two eccentric girls.

Our reputation started building up yesterday when we rejected the advances of the men and easily beaten in two aspects; speed and strength. After that, Thoth went on her little tantrum about her rank, the scene of Pyrion and I literally dragging her outside the building. Obviously, this gave more cause for them to think we're eccentric, but it's not like I'm denying it.

"...troublesome." I stop and say to the girl holding on my shirt.

"What do you mean troublesome!? It's a dragon! Of course it's not going to be easy to kill it, unless you cheat!" She yells. Of course by cheating, she must be referring to unsealing myself.

"...too much work." I try again with another excuse

"Now you're lazy!? Forget that! You're coming anyway!" She yells out loud.

With a sudden surge in strength, she grabs me in a choke hold and drags me across the lobby into the main room. I don't resist at all, because doing so will only make her try even harder. Whenever Thoth became like this, it was pretty much impossible for me to change her mind. At least, I haven't found a way yet, but I'd appreciate it if someone else found a method that would let me do so.

"Okay! I already accepted the quest, so you go ahead and use the pylon! I'm going to look through the [Unions], see if there's anything interesting to join!" Thoth puts her hands on the pylon immediately afterwards, and closes her eyes. I do the same, feeling my consciousness being pulled into the glass pillar.