Side Story 1: The Final Battle

Today, is one of the greatest turning points in history. In front of me, stood a man with pitch black, light armor and his only weapons were the dark, metallic gloves on his hands. He was the [Hero], the savior of the human race who came to slay me. On the other side, there was me, Eryiameph the great [Demon Lord]. We were currently standing in the throne room of my castle, about to initiate in the final 1 on 1 duel between [Humans] and [Demons]. Whether I stand or fall here, will determine the fate of the [Demon Race].

"Oh great [Hero], are you prepared to meet your doom?" I say a line decided by my advisors. I have no idea why they would want me to say such a thing, but I did it anyway.

"...yes." On the other hand, instead of a heroic, memorable response that would be quoted in the future, the man is front of me is pretty much a taciturn.

I chuckle to myself, just hearing him speak. This guy was extremely amusing to interact with. Just yesterday, when I proposed delaying our fight to attend my wife's birthday party, he agreed. Really, what kind of [Hero] would agree to attend the birthday party of his supposed arch-enemy? I immediately took a liking to him after that.

It's a shame that one of us has to die. There is no possible way to accommodate both the demon race and the human race together in the same world. I raise my spear and take a low stance, ready to lunge at will. The [Hero] raises his fists, keeping a high guard up. Immediately after taking his stance, I thrust forward towards his lower body, which I assumed was an opening. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Before my spear made contact, he raises his right leg and kicks the area right behind the spear head, causing the trajectory to shift slightly. He curves his body, and the spear slides right past him, a paper-thin margin from cutting him. The foot he used to kick defied physics and instantly stomped back into the ground, as if he never threw the kick and only stepped forward. While my momentum from the thrust drives me forward, he throws a left hook aimed at my upper body, and I see hints of magic contained within the attack.

Immediately, I used one of my demon skills, [Inferno Projection], a skill that propels me any direction I need to move to, while leaving behind a figure of fire that explodes. I propel myself backwards, and the punch makes impact with the flames, but instead of exploding into flames, a blast of wind emerges from the attack, forcing me to fly farther back than intended, right into my throne.

I stand from the rubble, about to raise my guard again, but before I know it, the [Hero]'s already in front of me, ready to throw a second punch. This time, with his right fist. I raise my spear in front of me and use the handle to block the punch. Upon impact, the spear vibrates extremely heavily, and yet again, I'm blasted back. It didn't do much damage though, but it was something beyond what a human should do.

I decide not to think about it for now, and re-engage in battle. I get up faster this time, and thrust my spear forward, predicting that the hero would immediately come towards me again. I was right, and he was forced to dodge the attack, stopping his sprint and leaping sideways. Now it was my turn to put pressure onto him, and I began swinging towards him from every direction, the speed increasing after every swing.

Despite my speed reaching to a point where even I can barely see it, he's still dodging with minimal movements, and even attempts to throw a few cross counters, which I dodge. When I finally find an opening, I immediately thrust my spear towards his lower right thigh, and it hits. I definitely felt impact, and the leg was blown away by the sheer power of the thrust, but there was no blood coming from the wound.

A shadow flickers in the corner of my vision, and I raise my left hand by reflex, and a kick makes impact with it. It had a lot of strength in it, and there was even magic to strengthen the kick even further, but that wouldn't be enough to harm me. At least, that's how it should've been. The gauntlets of my left hand begin vibrating powerfully, and it spread all the way to my shoulder. The vibrations felt like the kick he just made being multiplied by over a hundred within my armor. Enduring the pain, I immediately used my wings and flew away to widen the distance between us. Also, he couldn't reach my with his physical attacks from the ground.