The Status Plate

A year and a half passed by, and I'm actually enjoying this new life I've been given. Even though I'm beginning to settle into this lifestyle, I can't get too comfortable because I know I'll be leaving this house soon. Not by force, but just to complete the goal I wanted to accomplish in my old life.

When I asked my parents if I could become an adventurer a few months ago, they gave me shocked expressions. I guess it's only natural, because to them, I was a disabled, sheltered girl they took care of for a majority of her life. It was only recently that I've been allowed to leave the house, but I had to stay with them at all times. Upon hearing my request, they left the room for a minute to discuss it privately for a bit. When they returned, here's the response they gave me:

"When you get your [Status Card], we'll take a look at the stats you have. If either your [Strength], [Agility] or [Intelligence] is above the average adventurer's, we'll allow you to attend an [Adventurer's School]. From then on, it'll all depend on the amount of effort you put into school." Basically, I was guaranteed to become one, but I still had something to worry about. My stats were too high for a child.

I'm already eight years old, and this weekend, my mother was going to the [Town Hall] in order to recieve my status plate. I still haven't found a proper solution to this problem, but I did narrow it down to one method. Well, it's pretty much just me getting impatient like last time. Just find something to curse and wear it on me at all times. I can't exactly put that on my clothing, mostly because I'd hate to wear the same pair of clothes for life. So I decided on a self made accessory instead.

I asked my dad to buy me some blue ribbon when he went downtown yesterday, and he came back with a whole bundle. Along with that, he brought little plastic gemstones for some reason, but I decided to use them as well anyway. I cut a strip off the bundle, the length being around half a meter, and made a small pin-sized hole every 2.5 centimeters, starting from the end of the strip. I skipped the 20 and 30 centimeter mark, so there was a total of 16 holes in the ribbon. I embedded the small gemstones my father brought into those holes, cursing them as well. So a total of 16 cursed stones were in this ribbon. After finishing this, I tie the ribbon around my neck, and when I checked my status, the curse kind of helped, I guess?
___

Name Aria Brynhildr
Age 8 Years Old
Gender Female
Titles
[Elementalist] [Heartless] [Fallen Hero] [Demon Slayer] [Immortal Slayer] [Devil Slayer] [Boundless]
Classes
[Arcane Knight] [Martial Artist] [Destroyer]
Level 10
Health 5,400
Mana 5,175
Strength 208
Agility 216
Intelligence 201
____

I mean, I did say kind of. I know it's still monstrous for a child. Hell, why are my stats so high anyway!? They aren't supposed to be proportional to one's level. When I reached level 10 in my previous life, these stats were only one forth of my current ones right now. If I was level one, they'd probably be all be at least above 20, and there's something completely wrong with that.

The only thing left I can do is hide my titles. Hiding these was possible due to a [Darkness Spell] I had, called [Forged Identity]. This allowed me to change my name, appearance, classes, titles and skills, but even high-ranked magic had it's limitations. I couldn't forge my level or stats, which is why I spent so much effort to curse and seal myself. Besides, even if I was able to forge those, I would still curse myself anyways because this seemed like the fun way to go. Well, I've done all I can at this point. All that's left is to hope my parents will treat this as part of the miracle that happened 2 years ago.

"Kyaa! How adorable! Kieran, come here, look what our daughter made for herself!" Well, for now, I'm just going to have to survive my parents' overreacting behaviour full of hugging and cuddling me.
_____
"Kieran, this is a dream, isn't it?" Currently, my mother is staring down at a metal plate in my hands, her eyes wide opened.

"No, Hana, I think this is the blessing the system granted our child." My dad, right next to her, began tearing up.

A very convenient scene is unfolding before me. Just earlier, my mother came home after retrieving a status plate for me, with excitement in her voice. She told me and my father to enter the living room, and gave the card to me. In order to activate a status card, one needed to either pour in mana, or give it a small drop of your blood. I did the former, and showed my parents the result of what appeared. Looks like luck is still on my side, because they believe that these stats came from the 'blessing' that occured two years ago.

"Mom...dad...promise..." I whispered quietly to them. They still heard me though, and their eyes lit up in response.

"Of course dear! As promised, we'll allow you to become an adventurer. But for now, we need to apply you to an [Adventurer's School], so you can learn the basics and necessities of becoming one. After six years of education, will you be allowed to go adventuring." Although they can't see it, I smiled underneath the bandages wrapped around my face. I'm glad that these two were my parents.

"Okay then, right now we need to apply for you to enter this city's [Adventurer's School], the most famous one in the kingdom! [Krystalis Academy]!" Immediately, my father stood up and began to go to the door.

"That's right! Isn't the school year going to start next month? We need to go shopping to prepare you for school, Aria! Come on, let's go!" My mother got up as well, and put on the jacket she just took off earlier. These two are more excited than I am by this event, but it's not like it's a bad thing. I get and follow my mother to the doorway, where I put on my shoes and leave the house. I'm pretty much given a free pass to go out on my own, all I have to do is be 14 years old I guess. Let's make the most of these 6 remaining years I'll have here.