V2 Chapter 5: The Strange Day In Belsburg

Unedited
Chapter 5: The Strange Day in Belsburg

Early in the morning, I enter the tavern with Thoth, and we find Jinada's group waiting in there for us. They were sitting at the same table as yesterday, eating breakfast. When Jinada notices us, he smiles and waves at us to come over. The others had confused expressions on their faces, though.

"Um, Aria, why do you have that... thing on your back?" Morne asks me.

"Is that supposed to be a weapon?" Pyre asks. The 'thing' they are asking about is the object wrapped in cloth on my back.

"Don't bother asking. Apparently it's a 'secret.'" Thoth says while pouting. She was in a bit of a bad mood because of the answer I gave her when she asked about it earlier.

"A secret? Well, I suppose someone like Aria would have many of them." Evalot says.

"She has a ton of secrets, but this is the first one she's kept from me!" Thoth cries out.

"IT must be something extremely important or amazing, if she's actually keeping it from you." Mira responds.

"Gah! Now I really want to know what's inside!" She yells desperately.

"Anyway, what did you two do yesterday?" Morne asks me, ignoring Thoth.

"...touring." I reply.

"Oh, where did you go?" He asks another question, trying to make conversation.

"...many places." I answer. Unfortunately, holding a conversation with me was a difficult feat. For a few seconds, we just stared at each other in silence. Instantly, he gives up on trying to talk to me.

"...Thoth, how do you ever hold a conversation with her?" He turns to ask her.

"How? It's really easy, you know? She's a really good listener, and doesn't interrupt me whenever I speak. She always understands me and never asks questions, so it's always nice and easy to talk with her, you know?" Thoth answers naturally.

"No, I don't know. It's not easy at all." Morne immediately replies.

"Then you have a problem in your head that needs to be fixed."

"What was that!?" Forgetting about me, they start arguing between each other.

"If I guess what the object is, will you tell me if it's right?" Jinada approaches me, asking about the object as well. I shake my head in response to this, because I wanted to keep it as a little surprise for Thoth later.

The reason why this object isn't in the [Spatial Pocket] right now is because of its properties. The [Spatial Pocket] is similar to a giant bag, where everything thrown in there is just mashed in one large pile of objects. Certain items had to be disassembled before thrown in, others wrapped in cloth or put into cases and boxes. Otherwise, the items within the [Spatial Pocket] will be damaged. Due to this, I'm unable to just pull out any weapons I need during a battle; I had to prepare them beforehand. I have to set them up beforehand, and carry it around like I am now.

"I'll stop asking about it then. On the other hand, I'm curious about what your class is. Do you mind telling me?" His eyes were sparkling as he asks this, but unfortunately, I don't give him the answer he wants.

"...yes." I have four different classes, and I don't feel like explaining how I got them, nor do I want to deal with his reaction after hearing them.

"Oh, you do mind... sorry for asking then." A saddened expression appears on his face, but it doesn't change my answer.

Although Thoth and Morne were arguing with each other, the table was quite peaceful. During this, I order food for myself by pointing at the first thing I saw on the menu. As I ate quietly at the table, everyone else interacted with each other and created a light atmosphere.