The Talk

"Are you okay?" I hear the boy's voice from a distance while the fight was ending. I don't say anything, because I'm no longer there. I left behind a [Phantasm] just for the sake of running away. It was a skill that creates an illusion that has full physical substance and properties to the illusion made. It's cost was a 7,500 points of either health and/or mana. It was a skill that tore me apart to use during my final battle against the [Demon Lord] because I ran out of mana, and had to use my life instead. Add the cost of the final teleportation, some of my muscles were torn as the cost.

Although it should've been a minuscule cost for me now, considering the fact that I'm sealed, this ability just drained all of my mana and a heavy feeling of blood loss hit me as I ran away, but I stop myself from fainting and keep running. It appears that my little trick has been seen through, though, because I hear a scream from the snake girl towards the directions I'm escaping from. It seems like one of them has the ability to see through illusions.

I don't want to interact with these people at all, so I continue to try and escape with this chance. Of course, all of that could be my imagination, and they just want to talk to me about why I was observing them and ask me to stop, but I kind of don't want to risk it and will continue to see if I can run away. After several twists and turns, I finally find a way out of the alleys. Straight back into the park where I started from. Sadly though, it looks like I won't be getting away.

It was starting to get dark, and there were very few people still hanging around in the park.
I try to walk through, but my muscles began cramping up. What a time for that to happen, right? Well, considering how much running I just did, even with my current stats, maintaining a high speed sprint for long periods of times will hurt my body. Along with the blood loss from using [Phantasm], it was only natural that something like this would happen sooner or later.

I manage to shuffle my way slowly to one of the benches, and lay down on my back, waiting for the group to catch up to me. I try not to move as much as possible, just remaining still on the bench, waiting for the cramps to clear up. I soon hear several footsteps entering the park, which began to slow down to a walk. They were all converging towards my direction, but I just lay here and decide to accept whatever happens now.

"You really don't want to talk to us, huh?" A voice calls out to me. It was the boy again.

"You stupid? Did you think that this guy avoided us for the whole week and ran away from us just now for fun? No! It's probably because Raina wanted to test him, and could've potentially killed him!" This sarcastic voice, if I recall, belongs to the skeleton. He seems as agitated as ever.

"Stop with your lies, it's clearly because he saw you and got scared." The voice of the boy with pointy ear replies. Those two are pretty close huh? Those two began insulting each other back and forth, completely forgetting about me. While this happened another conversation began between the wolf and the lizard girl.

"He's probably an [Assassin]. A high level one too, because there's no way anyone could escape my watch four days in a row without a strong stealth ability. He's really fast too, based on what we've seen already." The lizard girl says.

"No, I think he's a [Shadow Mage]. If he truly was an [Assassin], those thugs wouldn't even have scratched him in close combat, but instead, he was just about to be captured by them." The wolf-man replied.

The snake girl joined in the argument with the skeleton and dark skinned boy. They were all seriously starting different discussions about me in small groups. This is actually pretty irritating to listen to. Only the siblings actually came up and approached me.

"So, what's the problem? Why do you keep running from us?" The boy asks.

"Because she didn't want to see you. Got a problem with it?" A voice comes from the entrance of the park, and the friend who left me earlier came back.