V2 Chapter 1: The Graduation

Drip. Drip. Drip.

A sound that I've been listening to repetitively for the last ten minutes. Water slowly dripping from the top of the dark cavern I'm in, falling into the puddles below, formed by several months of droplets. The path is lit up by small crystals, glowing a dim, green light. I step through one of the puddles, navigating through the narrow area in front of me. As I do so, something emerges from the shadow and lunges at me, while screeching.

Reacting in an instant, I raise my feet and slam the sole of it onto the monster's face, before forcing it onto the ground with a stomp. After that, I summon the [HNTR] out of my [Spatial Armoury] and fire it onto the monster's head. Instantly, the monster became lifeless, dying in less than five seconds since its spontaneous appearance. Right after, I drop the [Magnum] and it fades into magic particles before it hits the ground, returning to the [Spatial Pocket].

This has happened several more times earlier, sometimes in groups, sometimes individually, but I was able to kill them all within seconds of their appearance. Most of them were insect-like monsters, such as giant beetles, ants and there was even an oversized centipede monster. I haven't been in here for that long, but I've killed several of these things already. I've only released two marks of my curse which is 2 % of my true power, yet, they seemed far too slow and weak.

I continue walking forward, before entering a large, open area within the dark cave. This seems to be the final room. In the center of the room, was a block of stone with a sword stuck inside of it. Proceeding to stand in front of the stone block, I grab at the hilt of the sword, before pulling it out of the block with ease. This is the object I was requested to obtain.

As soon as the sword was pulled out, the entire cavern suddenly shook wildly. When it stops, a huge worm-like creature suddenly bursts through one of the walls, coming straight at me. The worm's body was large enough to swallow me whole, so the worm's mouth was wide open as it charged right at me. I quickly step to the side, narrowly dodging its path as it dives into the opposite wall.

I raise the sword I just pulled out, which was a broadsword with several engravings on it. Though it had no power whatsoever, because it was only a replica of an ancient weapon.

It was still able to function as a normal sword, though. I wait until the worm monster bursts through one of the walls again, and step to the side again. This time, I swung the sword right into its side as it goes by me at high speed.

This wasn't enough to kill it though, because I could still feel a slight vibration in the caves when I activate [Enhanced Detection]. The vibration becomes faster in the area under me, its trajectory fairly obvious to me. Responding to this attempted surprise attack, I open my hand out in front of me and summon a small object in my hand. It had a pin attached on one end, which I pull and drop on the ground before rolling to the side.

The worm emerges from the area I was just standing on, eating the object I just dropped, before going through the ceiling. A second after, I hear a loud explosion, and the cavern shakes wildly again. I slowly leave the open area through the way I entered, and navigate through the narrow paths. Even more monsters began ambushing me at this point, but I slay them with the sword upon sight easily. Soon enough, I emerge out of the dark caves, where hundreds of people stood.

"Aria Brynhildr, congratulations, for completing [Krystalis Cave]! You have passed the finals with the maximum points possible, and have set a new record for exploring the cave in 17 minutes!"
-----
June 16th, year 2486. Also known as the graduation day of the seniors at Krystalis Academy. Just a couple of days ago, the final exams took place over the course of a week. The final day was an expedition test, where students are to complete the hardest dungeon they believe they can do.