The Frozen Viper

"...bring it on!"

I say that out loud at the snake of ice in front of me, provoking it. It hisses at me, and charge straight at me. It was approximately 10 meters away, but it was closing the distance between us fast. I fire the magnum in my hands, and the magic bullet flies straight at the viper. Suddenly, its speed spiked like crazy, and it evaded the shot that even I couldn't see. It charges right at me, mouth opened, ready to swallow me whole. Fortunately, I was able to jump to the right in time and dodge its charge.

After sliding by me, it turns around and watches me. Looks like its speed is back to normal, but I can't tell if that sudden burst was its innate speed or a temporary skill. I raise the gun again and fire immediately, this time before it started moving. Again, it dodges with its insane speed, and charges towards me again. It slowed down about halfway though, returning to its normal, slithering speed.

I fire again at it, and it tries to evade, but I was able to hit it this time. Sadly, though, my accuracy with guns is still terrible, so I was only able to harm the tail end of the snake. The force of the bullet causes the snake to fly back with its tail, stopping its charge. Considering that it didn't tear off completely, that body of ice was considerably tough.

Suddenly, I feel a heavy presence to my side, and I turn to see a large block of ice coming right at me. Apparently the [Yeti] threw it at Thoth, and missed, therefore, it has conveniently coming right at me. Unable to dodge, I aim the gun at it and fire, thought firing at it m the situation worse.

The force of the bullet caused the block to burst into smaller pieces, and now several sharp shards of ice was flying right me. The [Frozen Viper] tries to take advantage of this situation and lunges at me with its burst of speed. Let's see, what can I do in this situation? Oh, I got a flaming body right now, so let's use that to our advantage.

I increase the temperature of my cloak by burning it with more flames, causing it to turn blue. After raising it, I aim the magnum at the snake again while ignore the fist sized shards coming at me. I hear the shards evaporate as they reach me, and I wait until the snake's speed returns to normal to fire.

7 meters.

5 meters.

Three meters in front of me, and I pull the trigger. The snake's speed immediately took a fall, and the magic bullet hits it right in the head. Ice shatters and spreads everywhere, the body's momentum stopped by the force of the bullet. I lower my gun, and turn to watch Thoth's battle.

Upon turning around, I hear a loud scraping sound behind me, but I assume that's the snake's final moments of movement. I watch Thoth, who is locked in heavy melee combat with the [Yeti]. I say heavy, because every time her spear hits the monster, the impact of the attack can be heard even from here, while every time she blocks the [Yeti]'s attacks, you can clearly see her being forced by the strength.

I was careless to think that it would fall by a single bullet. As I watch them exchange hits at each other, I suddenly realize that the [System]'s voice didn't state my victory. I turn around as fast as I can, but I was too late. The snake was already right above me, it's mouth closing in. Even though the [Cloak of Immolation] still had blue flames emerging from it, the snake was able to bite me and lift me. It swallows me, and I'm forced into the frozen body of the viper.

I try to increase the flame's temperature even further, but the ice within the snake's body counteracted the fire, only letting me maintain the current heat. Not wanting to waste mana, I stop burning the cloak, and the flames extinguish immediately.

With the hand holding the gun, I turn my wrist to the side, and I pull the trigger inside the snake. I was only using one arm, so the recoil was extreme, and my arm smashes against the inside of the snake. Considering that it was made of really strong ice, it really hurts to have it smash like that.