The Unique Group

"Aria, time to get ready for school!" My mother bursts into my room, excited to wake me up and dress me just like yesterday. Unfortunately for her, I was already up and changed out of my pajamas, ready to head out. She looks at me with a tearful expression and pouts.

"Why are you already up so early! I wanted to do all of that, you know! I wanted to feel all around your body while changing your clothes because I can't see how well you're growing!" Blah, blah, blah, she continues complaining to me. I turn my head away, an action I would regret a few seconds later.

"Oh I see how it is. You're already rebelling aren't you? It's a bit too early for you to reject my love you know?" The air in the room begins to chill, and my mother slowly walked up to me, her bangs covering her eyes. By the time she was right in front of me, I was shaking in fear. She grabs my shoulders, and looks at me right in the eyes.

"Punishment."
______

"Aria! Are you prepared for your second day of..." My father's words cut off as he walked into the room and saw me. That's because I was wearing a rabbit suit, and my mom was cuddling me on my bed.

Apparently my mom loves small animals like rabbits and hamsters, so as punishment, she decided to put me in a costume she had in her closet. I don't know why she had a rabbit costume in there, and I don't want to know why. For now, I want to try to NOT be crushed by my mother's strength.

"Um, Hana, Aria needs to get ready for school, so can you not-"

"She's already prepared. She thinks she doesn't need our help anymore, despite the affection we gave her all these years." She said with an cold voice. "Just because she started going to school and made a friend, she thinks she can take care of herself, doesn't she?" The grip of her arms become tighter, and it was starting to get hard to breathe.

"I'm, sorry!" I barely gasp out, and my mother's grip loosened immediately. When I turn to face her, she had a tearful expression on her face.

"I'm sorry too Aria! You just suddenly became so distant, acting so independently! You're growing up too fast, and I didn't want you to hate me~!" She began wailing

I hug her to try and comfort her, and her wailing instantly stopped as she started hugging me back and rubbing her face against me as if I was stuffed doll she was trying to find comfort in. What was she, a child?

"So, can you let Aria remove that costume and come eat breakfast? She'll be late for school otherwise." My dad's voice chimed in.
_____
I leave the house with my parents after eating breakfast, and we head our separate directions. Their work was at the opposite direction of school, so it couldn't be helped. Despite their delicate treatment of me, they knew I was capable to defending myself. After the 15 minute walk, the school gates were in sight, and several students were entering through the entrance. As I enter the school gates, I hear a commotion occurring nearby. It came from the direction of the arena, so I didn't bother trying to investigate it and walked right by it.

I enter the general school building, and soon enough, I hear an extremely loud sound coming from the arena's direction. Looking out the window, I see a huge portion of the eastern wall destroyed, with traces of explosions from the ruins. I probably should NOT get myself involved. I walk away from the window and attend the classroom where my homeroom was in. Again, several people noticed me, but there wasn't as many mocking looks as there was last time. Even the teacher looked at me with a hint of respect.

After attendance was called, some of the other students walked over to my desk and began asking me questions. They eventually lost interest though because I remained silent, unable to react to all the attention I was getting. Looks like what I did yesterday during magic class spread around fast. Even after homeroom ended, I was still getting stares from people in the hallway.