8

Lisa's point of view:

I woke up in a grassy area. And I just remembered what happened last night. I was still outside of the sandlot. I tried to get up. I hold on the gate and tried to walk. While I was walking Smalls saw me. Smalls helped to get inside his home. He also helped me to clean the blood from my face. "What happened to you Lisa and where were you last night", Smalls kept helping me clean my blood. "Phillips and his crew beated me up. And he dropped me in the ground and left me", I started to cry. "Benny and the guys were looking for you. I guess we didn't see you in the floor", he finished and he went to his bathroom to change. I looked over at the clock and it was 7:40. He helped me walked to go to the sandlot. No one was there yet. We both sat in the dugout. A few minutes later the boys saw us and ran to us. Everyone's eyes widen because I had alot of bruises and cuts on my body. I looked for Benny and he wasn't there. "Woah what happened to you?", Bertram was so suprised. Smalls answered him for me about what had all happened. "Where's Benny?", I look kinda worried. "He went to the store to buy a ball", Timmy said and Tommy repeated. We stayed silent until Benny came. A few moments later he came everyone standed up and went up to him. I stayed in the dugout. Benny found me and ran to me. I didn't even bother to look up. "Lisa? Where were you last night?", he putted in a anger voice. I stared into my lap for a few moments. Everyone else went to go warm up. Benny took his finger tips under my chin making me look up. He gasped, "Phillips did this to you. Did he?" I nodded and he started to smashing things. I got out of the dugout. I get scared when Benny starts to get mad. I walked out of the sandlot. Benny didn't even bother to stop me. I stayed behind Vincent's drug store for a few minutes. A girl standed in front of me. I didn't want to look up because I thought it was Susan. And it wasn't. This time I looked up and for a second I recognised her anywhere. "Lisa?", I knew who it was. "Ashley!", we both hugged each other tightly. She is my best friend back in Mexico. "What are you doing here in California?", she smiled. "My parents decided we could live here", we smiled and she walked me to her house. On the way home she asked me,"What happened to your face?" "Some dude did this to me yesterday", we kept walking. She lived right next to me. I helped her unpack her stuff. And once we were done, we walked a little in the park. "So do you like it here already?", we kept walking. "I love it. It so beautiful here", we both smiled. We stopped at Vincent's drug store. We both bought chips, sodas, and other stuff. I would spend all my money on food. We both hanged out in the back of Vincent's drug store for a while. A few minutes later all the boys were walking by us. The boys just stood there staring at us. Me and Ashley stood up and we both walked away. I felt someone grabbed my arm and I knew it was Benny. "Lisa, can I talk to you quick?", I stayed silent for a moment and I nodded. "Ashley, can you please just stay here for one minute?", she nodded and Squints started to stare at her. We both laughed and Benny was taking me back to the sandlot. He walked to the dugout and he pulled out a small box. He putted behind his back. "Lisa, I'm sorry what happened today. I just got a little mad at Phillips. Do you forgive me?", he gave me the box and I opened it. It was a beautiful necklace. It has a heart full of diamonds.

 It has a heart full of diamonds

I gasped and I kissed Benny. "Benny, its beautiful", he helped me put it on. We both walked back to Vincent's drug store. And then we saw Squints blushing with Ashley. "Um...Ashley do you want me to walk to your house?", she nodded and she smiled at Squints. "Hey can you take me to your house. My parents said their gonna be home by midnight", I nodded and we both walked to my house. We went to my room. "So...what do you wanna talk about or what should we do", she shrugged and she noticed my necklace. "Who gave you that necklace? Its really pretty", she asked. "Remember that boy who asked me that he wanted to talk to me?", she nodded. "He actually gave it to me today", she smiled and her eyes widen. "Are you guys dating?", she said in a excitement. I nodded. "So do you like Squints?", she smiled. "Ya kinda", she blushed and we. laughed. It was almost 10:00, so I gave some clothes and we slept till the next morning.

*Morning*

I woke up and also Ashley. I checked on my clock and it was 7:00. Ashley went to the bathroom while I dressed so we can go to the sandlot. I walked her to her house so she can dress to go to the sandlot. We stayed back of the store and chilled. The boys came and we all walked to the sandlot. "So Ashley...do you play baseball?", Squints said. She nodded and Squints had a big smile on his face. A few minutes later it was so hot. Everyone ran to the dugout and they were sweating a lot. "Benny we can't play baseball today. Its way to hot outside", Bertram said. Everyone nodded and agree. "Then what should we do?", Benny suggested. And then everyone said that we should go to the pool. "But somebody banned us to the pool", everyone looked at Squints. He blushed and he looked at Ashley. "I heard that they just built a new pool next to the park", everyone nodded and we walked to their houses to get swimming clothes. Im just gonna where shorts and a sports bra. We all meeted at the pool and all the boys jumped at the pool. Me and Ashley didn't. We just sat on the ground. We talked a bit and we decided we could go to the pool. Everyone kept playing around the water. Everyone stopped because of Susan again. I got out of the pool and sat on the ground where me and Ashley sat. Everyone got out too. Then Ashley went to the bathroom and Susan walked behind her. I walked to the bathroom too. Then Susan started to push her around then I had enough of it. I pushed Susan to the ground and she got back up. She gave us a dirty look and we walked out of the bathroom. All the boys were walking on to the entrance of the pool. I dried, me and Ashley walked home. I got to my room and I looked out of the window and I saw Benny and Susan kissing. She was wrapping her arms around his neck and then he saw me. I dropped the necklace that he gave me. I locked my window and closed my curtains. I ran to my bathroom crying. I took a shower with hot water for an hour. My heart broke like glass fell on the floor in 200 feet. I stayed in the bathroom silent and got dressed. I layed in the bed and someone knocked in my bedroom door. I look and it was Ashley. "Hey", she smiled and I gave her a fake smile. "Whats wrong?", I let her come in my room. I nodded like if everything is fine. "Whats up?", I smiled. "Squints asked me out", my eyes widen. "What did you say?", I asked her. "I said yes", she and I smiled. "Squints told me that he's gonna take me to tbe movies tomorrow", we kept talking for a few minutes later and then I slept through the next day.

Thanks for reading this chapter/book. Sorry if I published it late but thanks for reading it. Truly blessed ✨