Chapter 32

Growls and snarls fill the air as the two godly beasts fight. Blood splatters the soil beneath their paws. The one dark as night pants as she struggles to stand. Her fur was matted with dried blood and her legs shake from exhaustion. No matter what she did, the beast before her kept fighting. She doesn't know how long she has been fighting him. The shinobi had left the cliffs but her clansmen stayed behind, defending the area from more enemies.

Kaiya is rammed in the side, up against a large rock coming out of the ground. The impact shatters the stone into pebbles. She lays on the ground and looks up at the looming figure over her. "Kaiya!"

She blinks and sees Lira not too far away. The wolf. But when she blinked slowly, the image changed. There stood a woman. Her gold eyes were filled with tears and her long brown hair blows in the harsh wind. She came closer and knelt in front of her muzzle, wrapping her arms around it, as much as she could, in a hug. "My sweet girl." She heard this voice before. No low tones that Lira had. Soft, gentle...."M-mom?"

"Yes. It's me." The beast at this time was leisurely making its way in the direction everyone went to before. "You are not alone in this fight. Don't give up. You have to stop it."

"But it won't die." A large tear rolls out of her eye and down her fur. "I will fail saving them...just like papa....just like Asuma."

Her mother sighed and smiled. "Think. Try something else. You need Tsukiko's power. This lightning is mine."

"But if I use anymore-"

"Don't think about it. You need to save your family. The ones the beast is targeting."

Kaiya weakly got up and closed her eyes. 'No need to say anything child. I know.' A warmth flowed through her and the wounds all over her body began to heal. She stood up and looked around. The world was covered in a violet hue. It was similar to the jutsu she used to see what Lira saw...well her mom. She had so many questions running through her head. But protecting her friends and family came before all else.

She looks at the beast and sees something that she hadn't before. Inside the creature glowed an outline of a person. Small and childlike. A cold chill made her fur stand on end. A host. Figures Orochimaru would do that. She walks forward and, her body swaying weakly. The beast...no....Child noticed and turned their head around. Seeing more detail of the glowing 'soul'. She stepped even closer. "Why are you continuing to destroy?"

The child looks at her through the beasts eyes, not moving as if caught off guard. "Isn't it a bit late? For you to be talking to an enemy?" They growl angrily. Going by instinct, Kaiya drops the transformation of the wolf god. She reached up towards the beast child. "Don't you want to stop?"

"....."

"Do you like killing?"

"...."

"Did you volunteer to become a monster?"

".........No." The beast child lowers their head. Kaiya walked closer and touched the nose of her enemy. The despair in that one word was unmistakable. Taking a kunai, she ripped open the chest and a child falls from the papery hole. She catches them. It was a boy. He was a resurrected person. The skin had cracked in a few places. The tired eyes were like Asuma, black where white should be.

Kaiya felt tears roll down her cheek. Children seem to be a theme with her. There was always a child popping up. She holds the boy close. "Hey...Kid. You can rest now. You don't have to kill."

"I....Was given one purpose....one job...."

Kimimaru and Gaara from the past flash in her mind. They had no purpose before finding one. She sighs and wiped her eyes though a drop fell on his cheek. "Why are you crying?" The boy asks, unable to move or turn their head.

"Because. It isn't right that a kid was forced to become a weapon."

The boy says nothing. She felt the small body begin to crumble. He was smiling. When there was only dust now. Her mother watches with Tsukiko. Kaiya's shoulders were shaking as a wave of sadness and anger. The goddess knows what this meant. The powers she used increased emotions. The empathy towards others.

The sealer assigned to Kaiya was no longer around. The mother knew only one person who she could trust to do it. By the time it is, he should be resting in the camps right now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Gaara leans over a cot inside a tent. There was no word about her. Ever since the second wave started, there was no one there reporting Kaiya's situation. All he knew was that she was fighting alone. That is when Lira appears in front of him. "Gaara!" He looks at her and takes in the panicked mannerisms of the wolf.

"Take me to her."

Leaving a clone, He follows until he sees the uncontrolled version of the wolf girl he only saw once before. Her eyes black with her pupils glowing bright in the darkness. Her teeth sharper and ready to rip out anyone's throat. As if sensing him, she whipped around and shot forward, grabbing at him with her claws. Normally he would not move. But as always, the sand never reacted around her so her he brought his arms up.

The moment she grabbed his arms, black lighting shout out of her body and he slides back. Looking up, he saw silver tears roll down her cheeks like endless streams. He forced his sand to come out of his gourd and wrap around Kaiya's body tightly. He felt her struggling, more lightning bursting from her in agitation. He watched as she growled and snarled. Eventually she wore herself out and her head drops. The sand around her drops her into his arms and he sighs.

Only he was aloud to see her like that. Even if he never wants to see it again. Gaara takes her back to the campsite where Sakura was out and noticed him right away. "Oh no! Kaiya!" She hurries them into a medical tent.

Kaiya was in a Coma.

(Short. I reaaally don't want to end this. Kaiya's final battle has been fought. She fulfilled her own destiny. And I'm soooo not going to write out all the Madara and Kaguya fights. That belongs to Naruto. Which is why I gave Kaiya her own final boss. Ended short since I suck at fight scenes. So yeah. Stay tuned to the final chapter. It was a fun run with these two)