Chapter 7

(thanks for the support so far everyone. I love all you readers and I'm very grateful so thanks ^ ^. I'm going to do a ask oc and Naruto character thing soon. Will do two questions every weekend so message me what you would want to ask them,. I'll do my best to keep them in character.)

   "I will allow it." Tsunade agreed to her. Thank goodness. If she didn't then what she told Gaara would be a lie. "Thank you milady. I'm afraid that if I get caught up in the Akatsuki fights I would loose my control over the beast Mitsu counterpart that comes with the wolf god ability. I almost lost it in the Sasuke retrieval mission."

   "I understand. If any new information comes up I'll have you summoned or the Intel delivered to you. And Kaiya?"

"Yes?"

 "Welcome back. We need all the help we can get, thanks to your idea, we have allies on stand by if needed." Tsunade smiled and reached into a drawer. "I want to give you this." She held out a leaf headband with black cloth. "Your old one isn't on you." That's because she lost it. Kaiya took it and tied it around her neck like a collar. "Thank you milady."  With that Kaiya left the office, passing Sakura and Shizune in the hall. 

      Taking a deep breathe, she pushed herself out of the nearest window and started leaping across the village. The wind across her face was refreshing and it felt like she was flying. She felt free within the villages safety. But when she is free, so is her mind. Free to wander into her deep thoughts. How was Gaara doing? Has he fully recovered? Is he getting any sleep now?

  "Your thought have a interesting theme." The large black wolf faded into existence beside her. "You like him, that's a fact."

  "We already talked about this."

"Yet you were so straight forward years ago."

 She was talking about the kisses. Kaiya's face felt a little warm, remembering how bold she was in youth. "I was silly then."

"But more honest."

"Gah! Lira knock it off!" She growled, the ferocity of it making the spirit wolf flinch. "I'm sorry Kaiya. I just don't want to see you get closed off again." Kaiya closed her eyes and sighed. "I won't, don't worry about it mom."

Lira halted . "What did you call me?"

 Kaiya was still leaping across houses. "No she couldn't have......"

                                      ____________________________________________

       Gaara sat at his desk reading his papers, his seafoam eyes occasionally wander to a certain object on his desk. The leaf headband that the she-wolf forgot. He kept pondering over how he'd return it. Then I thought came to him. On her way home, was she mistaken for a rogue because she had no headband. He felt like he should check. She was a close friend he didn't want to loose over a simple error.

     With that he shoved the headband into his coat pocket and created a sand clone in his chair, facing the window. The sand from the gourd , despite the Shukaku extraction he was still able to use, swarmed around him until he and the sand had disappeared.

                                                    _____________________________

       The evening sun sets, bathing the land in fiery orange and red light. Naruto had set out with a new captain and teammate. Kaiya ha no messages to deliver

She stood in front of the place that was once a source of nightmares. Her house. It took a lot of courage just to come here. But Kaiya had decided to make this her home again, not burden her brother with extra food bills. He won't be able to pay for because of Choji and his teahouse visits.