Chapter 27

"Okay pups. I need to train you as much as I can starting today." She announced after tracking down her students. She hardly trained them before so they are far behind. "I want to see how good you are. I assume you have been training, right?" She eyes them while putting emphasis on the last word. Hara nodded sleepily, Ayame was currently jumping up and down since the moment she had appeared, and Kazuma snorts with Emi on his shoulder which makes him look cute instead of bratty.

Kaiya tosses up two bells and caught them in her hand. "Three bells. Not using dogs this time nor do we need two. Your teamwork potential has already been proven. So, come at me!" She shots, slamming her hand into the ground as black lighting bursts all around, blinding them. The three genin jump back into the foliage as she does the same on the opposite side.

Her ears twitch and turn, listening for any sound. She sniffed the air and felt the ground beneath her feet...... She relaxed her guard by a mere fraction right as a kunai grazed her cheek. Kaiya darted away again. Only one set of footsteps could be heard behind her. Who attacked alone? Her eyes widen and she skids to a stop, nose twitching. "Minefield. I almost ran into it." She crouched, looking at all the wires and paper bombs a fast moving target probably wouldn't notice.

She moved her hands quickly to form signs and ducked behind the tree, springing the first few bombs. The explosion drew in one of the three. Ayame. Her dark blue eyes widen and she covered her face. "Oh no! Sensei I.....I had no..... There's no way...." Her voice croaked like she was about to cry. The genjutsu wasn't that strong. It wasn't a pretty one either. She made the illusion of a fried corps with her charred clothes on it. "There's no way......I would fall for that. Come out come out wherever you are sensei." She sang.

That girl..... is kind of creepy. A high pitched bark sounded from behind her. Emi. Kaiya darted out only to be netted. The little wolf proceeded to chew on her foot with her puppy teeth. She huffed, looking up at the sky where three young faces hung over her. "Well..... Your team work has improved. Ayame actually took part in the attack. Very nice. Classic ambush and distraction." Haruka took the bells, passing them around while she spoke. Neither one was moving to untie her anytime soon. The little twerps. She sharpened her pointed nails with chakra and cut herself free. "It is a shame that I will not be able to properly train you. Do you all know your chakra natures?"

Kazu nodded his head. "I'm earth."

Haru yawned "Earth and water......" She tilted her head at that. "Kekkai genkai?" He nodded sleepily and walked to a bush, laying down by it. "Why does that make so much sense?"

"I bet he can make flowers." Aya giggled. "Oh and I am fire. Like an Uchiha oh and Sarutobi, oh oh and-" Kazu slapped a hand over his teammate's mouth. "No need to ramble out every clan name known for fire natures. We already know that you're an info junky." Kaiya chuckled at them and captured them into a tight hug. "My pups." She cooed. They squirmed, well more like Kazumi did, trying to get free.

The raven cracked an eye open and looked at the group. "Kaiya-sensei. Do the Mitsus have a set nature?"

"Not really. The Mitsu came from one being and didn't mingle with the other clans very much so our bloodline is pure. Of course there are those who find mates outside the clan and marry but the majority stay together. Especially after the genocide taking place thirteen years ago. We stuck close our pack ever since."

"One being?" Haruka looked strangely intrigued. So did her other students.

"Tsukimo. But we call her Luna. We worship her as a deity. That is the being our clan came from." Said goddess was chuckling pleasantly from within her mind. "Though I wonder where her origins began." This was directed towards Luna herself instead of being a rhetorical question. Kaiya yawned, flopping down onto her back beside Haru. Ayame laid down to, dragging reluctant Kazuma with her. The four of them formed a pile with Emi on top.