Chapter 24

"Your eyes are still as they were in the past. I have come to realize making vengeance one's bread of life does not resolve anything. It's not to late for you. Don't withdraw into your own world obsessed with hatred for you won't be able to return." Kaiya understood the meaning. He was giving Sasuke a chance on the behalf of Naruto.

"So? If I were to return, what is there for me?"

Kankuro turned to look at his brother. "Forget it Gaara. Naruto already failed to convince him, he's a criminal, fallen to the level of the Akatsuki. He's not like you.

Temari adjusted her fan. "Plus the Raikqge and others harmed by the Akatsuki won't stay silent. After attacking the five kage summit, he's wanted internationally. Just face it. This guy has no future."

Gaara continues anyway. "Sasuke. You and I are quite alike. We both walked through the darkness of this world. So your eyes, may they even pick up the faintest glimmer of light, in the past or even at this moment...."

"I shut my eyes a long time ago. The things I seek now lie only in darkness." He states, that crazed smirk lifting his lips.

Gaara's seafoam eyes became shadowed with the faintest bit of sorrow before they closed. Kankuro noticed also. "Gaara, you're the Kazekage. Don't let your feelings interfere." Sand began floating out of his gourd. "Yes....." He opens his eyes. Then something she never seen before happened. From his left eye, a tear fell. "....I know."

Her anger bursts immediately. Nobody, nobody, makes Gaara cry. The black lightning sparked around her body. Kankuro and Temari draw there weapons when the sand was ready. The puppet master cringed. "Oh boy....Kaiya's pissed." The ametarasu tries to reach Gaara but the sand kept blocking.

"You block my inferno style well, I'm impressed." Sasuke smirks, his tone mocking. His Susana making him hover. "Your ultimate defense is in good shape." Kaiya growled but was blocked by a arm clad in red.

"Do not attack"

"Tch, fine."

Darui runs over while making hand signs. "I'll join you sand guys. The first strike's mine and then you can follow me." She looks over to see that the blonde guy had started to finish healing Black kage now that he was able. "Gale style, lazor circus!"

"Secret technique, puppet triad!"

"Cyclone scythe jutsu!"

"Shadow thunder slash!"

"Sand showers barrage."

Lighting, black lightning, poisoned kunai, and wind all shot forward to attack the Uchiha. The explosion shakes the whole building around them. The smoke cloud clears but through it she can already see the massive outline of a fully formed skeleton with horns. "Gaara. I got an ultimate defense even greater than yours."

Gaara's eyes narrow at this newly revealed ability. "The power....of darkness."

"The power only those who've awakened the mongyeko sharingan in both eyes can achieve. This is the third power, the Susano!"

"Susana...unreal." Gaara mutters.

Kankuro narrows his eyes. "Sasuke, he always has something else hidden up his sleeve, every time." The Uchiha give a crazed lopsided grin. The blonde guy, Cee, caught on to what would happen. "Darui! You sand folk! Get back!" Gaara shields everyone as Sasuke cracks his neck. The skeleton swung a purple flaming sword towards them. It took out all the pillars.

Kaiya grits her teeth when realizing what he was up to. "Not good. Wolf god transformation!" After shift into the massive canine, she used her body to shield most of the samurai that would fall victim to the falling chunks of roof. She growled from the pain when some hit her back directly on her spine or dead.