Chapter 31

Kaiya stood in shock as she saw her brother standing there. Without much thought, she jumped off the cliff edge she was on and slid down the side until she was beside Shikamaru. Asuma looked at her and sighed. "Hey there Kaiya."

"Asu-nii." She clenched her fist, the tips of her sharp nails piercing her skin. "How dare they bring you back." She shut her eyes tight and turned her head. She couldn't even hear anything. Choji had charged Asuma for some reason but she was trying to calm herself down. This is war, unexpected variables will pop up no matter what. If she had to kill her brother, than that is what she will do. "Enma!" The monkey lands beside her and transforms into a staff.

His voice called to her sternly. "No running this time brat. Beast or not. If it does get excited, use that to your advantage." Kaiya clicked her tongue and slammed the staff down on the ground, black lightning sparking up at the impact. "Well Asu-nii? How about a spar. Dad left me with a new toy to play with." She then looked to Shikamaru. Choji had been unable to hit his sensei and the three form or students had to quickly save the situation. "Get Choji back. I want to have a little family discussion. Don't worry, I won't steal your spotlight."

Without waiting for a response, Kaiya charged Asuma, swinging Enma at him with all the force she could muster. He blocks with his arms. She sends a pulse of lighting through the staff and he is forced back. "So... Dad gave you Enma huh?" He asks, swinging a kunai down towards her side. Kaiya tosses the staff away and drops to the ground in order to dodge. "Yeah. I have been training hard with him and others."

He grunts when she delivered a kick to his stomach. "That's good." Kaiya felt an intense wave of chakra behind her. She grips Asuma's arms so he won't attack as she looked behind her. There under the giant feet of Choza, Choji had grown large butterfly wings made of his chakra. "Well. I think it's his turn."  

"That's my boy Choji. That's what I've been waiting for." Kaiya releases him and jumps backwards and lands behind Ino. "Is the shell of the chrysalis harder than you thought it'd be Choji? But at long last you will be able to fly won't you?"

"You bet I will." The swirling chakra collected around his fist like fire and he grows in size gradually. Shikamaru uses his shadow stitching with Ino's mind transfer clones, making it so that he was airborne by the time Choji's giant fist reached him. Kaiya smiled at her friends, seeing them work as a team and Choji growing up. Her eyes returned to her brother who was now stuck in the wall of a cliff parallel to them. She was glad her beast didn't take pleasure in this fight like her. Perhaps it liked the memories she had of him too much

The sealing corps got close to begin but Asuma stopped them. "One last thing I never got to say.... Your inoshikacho formation is complete...... And Kaiya. You have become the brave and strong. I'm proud of you." Tears stung her eyes as the sealing cloth wrapped around him. She clenched her fists and howled out at the same time Choji let out a battle cry, growing even larger wings than he did at his original size.

She jumped up the cliffs and slashed her lightning charged claws down at the army of monsters. Nobody should have the right to play with their feelings. Hers and her friends. She closed her eyes as the bottom strands of her hair faded into white and silver. Her pupils became pale lavender dots. Markings formed on her skin.

Now faster, she zipped forward

Now faster, she zipped forward. A trail of black lightning followed her. Kaiya gripped the throat of one of the monsters and ripped it out before smashing its skull in with her foot. Her claws grew and hardened along with her fangs. She fought to destroy her brother's desecrators, to illuminate them all.

It was while she was fighting the enemy, did she smell something. Something horribly familiar. The Mitsu beside her at the time halted. "We didn't ask for back up." A loud howl ripped through the air. Kaiya jumped up to the top cliff and looked out over the land. She spotted the source and fear creeped into her heart. It was the monster created from her. The giant brown wolf streaked with red markings like blood.

It howls again before its walk turned into a trot, a jog, then a sprint. It was going to come wipe out half the forces. In her wind she heard the goddess speak. 'This is the calamity. The one we trained to defeat.'

"What about this war to end the world?"

'I believe that is someone else's destiny. You may think this is a simple small feet but you are wrong.  This beast has no mind, create from the wolf god power before I manifested. And I manifested because this beast is set on razing everything to the ground even after the war.'

Kaiya watched the wolf get closer and saw a few soldiers turn their attention to it. She had to act. This thing was worse than a tailed beast. "Get back!" She ordered. "I'll fight this one." With those words, she took off into a sprint, charging at the beast. Her body shifts into her wolf form and only continued to grow as she got closer and closer. White markings she didn't have before faded into place.

 White markings she didn't have before faded into place

With her teeth bared, Kaiya launched herself at the larger wolf and bit into his shoulder. Black lightning sparks around the mound, burning it. He bucked her off and swiped at her to get her off. Burning pain erupted from her side from where his claws got her. It felt like fire was on the wound.

Her blue eyes looked over to see that her clan was watching her as they fought. Her family by blood. She had come to love all of them. She will protect them. Her clan, her friends. If this beast gets past, he will kill them all. Naruto, Hinata, Shikamaru, Koru, Aoi, her students, Kazuma....Gaara. With a long howl, she charged forward again. Lightning crackled around her paws as she tackled the wolf to the ground.

The two giants clashed like gods in a old story as they fought. Fire and lightning exploding together. One with the will to destroy all, and the other with the determination to save her loved ones. A sealer got to a radio and quickly called in. "Lady Tsunade. Kaiya has made contact with a surprise enemy. She is also different. I'll send you a mind image." He looks at the battle for a moment and the Yamanaka in charge sense the image.  

Tsunade crossed her arms from where she was in head quarters. "Has she attacked any of us?"

"No ma'am."

"If she does, seal her so she can't move." She remembered what the girl said before. If her goal is stronger than the darkness which came with the transformation, than there will not be a loss of control. But....what if she finished the goal?

The beast snaps at his creator and manages to lock onto her leg, throwing her into a rocky cliff. Kaiya growls and looks down at her wounds. He keeps hitting her even though she was a smaller target and faster. Pushing herself up onto her feet again, she walks up to her foe and glares at him.

"This ends now"

(Tada. Writer's block gone. I planned out the ending to the story)