Chapter 1

(A picture without the snow to get a better Idea of her mature face and also the expression is what she gets when seeing the slackers.)

  Quick A/N : Im doing third person because I found it easier to use imagery that way and combine multiple points a views together. Im also going to use some things from the subbed version like dattebayo instead of believe it since he sort of dropped that in the dub later. Plus, honorifics are  cute ^^

     The giant green gate laid open and towering over her. "Well papa. I'm back." She held up and did a one handed seal for the presence cloak. Knowing them, Izumo and Kotetsu must be slacking off in some way. As she walked up to the booth, a sweat drop formed above her brow. It was worse then she thought. Izumo was reading a book and Kotetsu was just sleeping. Getting a wicked idea, she walked around and stood behind them. She waited five minutes before actually making herself known. She took a breath. "You know.....Gatekeepers are supposed to watch the gate." She sighed loudly. This made both shinobi jump onto their feet at turn around to see the intruder.

   They were surprised that someone had so effectively snuck up on them. She adjusted the collar of her cloak, the metal of her leaf head band, flashing reflected light. "Hey aren't you..." They leaned in together. "Kaiya!?" She smiled when they remembered.

  "Yep, It's me" She smiled to them. Taking a look over their attire, she noticed it was different from the grey coats they had before. "Ah, so you are Jounin now? Your outfits different" She asked, sitting on the table, crossing her leg over the other. She took off the cloak and folded it in her lap. Two jackets was too warm for the fire countries climate. She noticed Izumo's face turning a faint shade of pink. "Heh, you look different too Kaiya." She chuckled and stuck her tounge out. "I'm ten years your junior so don't get any ideas." The two men look at each other. Both wondering how that cautious kid from three years ago turned into this out spoken and extra mature teen. "Sorry I can't stay longer but I need to see Tsunade to report my return." With that she made hand seals, her body flickering into non existence.

   Kotetsu chuckles after a moment of stunned silence. "Wow." Izumo nodded. "Looks like that's her favorite mode of transportation still. Gone in a flash."

______________________________________________________________

    She jumped from roof to roof, faster now that her cloak was off, making her way to Hokage mansion.  When reaching it, she pulled out some metal wire and tied it around one of the arching pillars. She had done this once before. Smiling from the memory, she leaped off and gracefully swung into the office. Landing in a crouch right in front of the desk. Tsunade looked up and scowled. "Intruder who are you!" Heh, just as cautious as she was before. "Relax Tsunade-sama." Kaiya stood up and turned around. Her fiery eyes gleaming. "It's just little old me."

   The blonde woman's brown eyes lit with recognition. "Kaiya. You sure grew up fast. Looks like everyone is returning now." Kaiya tilted her head to the side. "Everyone....You mean." Had Naruto and Jiraiya returned? Well its been two years, nearly three. "That's right. 'He' is back too. All of your friends are chunnin now. Except Naruto, since he has been away."

    Kaiya's tail wags behind her in a slow rhythm. "Amazing! Oh what about Temari, Kankuro, and Gaara?" She leaned in slightly. She counted them as her friends too since they helped with the Sasuke recovery mission. Tsunade leaned back and took a file from her drawer, handing it to Kaiya. She looked it over. Temari was a jounin, so was Kankuro. When she turned to Gaara's page, her eyes widened. "This says...he's the Kazekage. Is that true?"

     "Yes, he became the Kazekage last year at the age of fifteen." Kaiya was overjoyed and felt proud of him. "That's incredible...." She stopped when she noticed Tsunade looking down uncomfortably. "Tsunade-sama?" Placing the file on the desk, she pressed her hands onto the surface, leaning over. "Had something happened?" The Hokage crossed her arms and nodded, her eyes squeezed shut, thumb and index finger pinching the bridge of her nose. "The Akatsuki have been on the move, collecting the tailed beast jinjuriki from all over the lands. Three days ago, they had captured Gaara. Team Kakashi had set off to rescue, Team Guy as their back up. If they don't get to Gaara before Shukaku is extracted....." And anbu gaurd interrupted. "Um milady?"

   "What is it?" She growled. "Can't you see i'm talking?"

 "Yes but....she's gone milady."

    Tsunade looked to where Kaiya had stood before, and indeed she was gone as if nobody stood there moments before. "That girl." She sighed. "I see her dedication hasn't faltered in the slightest."

________________________________________________________________

   Kaiya reached the hidden sand within two days, using her speed and wolf form. She shifted into her natural state and skidded to a stop in front of the large wall. A shinobi on duty ran over. "Who are you." He looked at the headband around her neck. "A leaf ninja, why are you here?" Kaiya caught her breathe before speaking. "Please....take me to someone who knows whats going on with the Kazekage." The man nodded and took of, her on his tail. She spotted Temari and four others talking to Kankuro. "Well then shall we go?" Her ears picked up on Kankuro's voice. She used the body flicker, to appear in between them. "Wait."

   All six ninja tense at the sudden appearance of an unknown. "And who are you?" A younger girl with short light brown hair asked, her kunai out. Firelight eyes that held a ferocious intensity, looked at her, shutting her up.

   Temari examined the woman in front of them and her teal orbs widened with recognition. "Kaiya?" Kankuro walked down the steps he was on. "Woah, it is Kaiya. You've gotten pretty." The older boy grinned but he quickly wiped the look off when she glared at him. He remembered how he knocked Naruto out with one kick, he can't imagine how strong she must be now, so he wasn't going to test the she wolf's patience. "I'm here for more important matters. Is what I heard of Gaara true?"

   This killed the light mood as it shifted into a tense atmosphere. "Yes. Kankuro was poisoned when he tried to pursue the kidnappers and now Naruto and his team had gone after them. Its been a day since then. We believe that they took Gaara to the land of rivers. We were just about to head off." Kaiya glared at the sky. "I think I'll meet you later then." She said this as her form flickered into nothing again, reappearing on a roof a few meters ahead as a wolf before jumping down to where they can't see her. Temari sighed. "She has the same spark in her eyes that Naruto had."

________________________________________________________________

    It was taking her too long. Angered, the wolf growls as it ran even faster across the sand, then grass, now trees. Nearly three hours has she been running. The strong urge to save Gaara keeping her from slowing down. She was not going to let another person die. She was not going to be powerless like before, to stop it. She was now along side a canyon carved by a river. She had seen logs broken into pieces in several spots along with the scent of Kakashi, Naruto, and smoke. It took little time to find them. Naruto was clinging to the side of the canyons wall. Kaiya slid to a stop and shifted forms. "Naruto." She called. The blonde looked up and eyes widen. "K-kaiya?!" Kneeling, she held out her arm to pull him up. "Tell me whats going on." She demanded, pointing to the sky where it looked distorted like rippling water.

   "Kakashi sensei is trying to use his sharingan on that guy. He has Gaara inside that birds mouth." Looking over her friend, she noticed how tall he had gotten. She was an inch bellow the top of his neck, counting her ears. he used to be so short. "Come on throw me!" She looked up, Kakashi had taken the enemy's arm. She nodded and grabbed his hands, spinning until she had enough momentum. When ready, she let go. "Now!"

   He goes flying and he makes a shadow clone to create a rassengan. Kaiya runs into the forest where Kakashi was. He looked exhausted from using the sharingan technique. She appears behind him. "Kakashi, are you alright?" He looked up, recognizing her. "Didn't expect to see you her Kaiya. But yeah, i'm okay, not sure if he is though." They both turn to look and watch anxiously as Naruto starts digging through the clay bird head to get Gaara out.

   "Please......I pray that he is okay" Kaiya whispered under her breath, closing her eyes.