Chapter 29

In front of the beast clan she stood, head high and eyes shadowed by the look of a steeled heart. "Kazuma, it's good to see you." She greets her uncle with a sad smile. In a month or so she will be sending them into war. Kaiya closed her eyes as she behind explaining their plans. As she went through this, she wondered how Gaara deals with being Kazekage. It must be incredibly stressful.

Speaking of Kazekage. She can't help but think back to last night. She absently traced her bottom lip with her fingers, her cheeks taking on a rosy tint.

____________________________________________________________________________________

"So as usual I'll be the messenger for Suna. Kaito for the mist. Kazuma will take on Konoha, Aoi for Cloud, and Tokami for Stone. I'm told that there were already groups separated by abilities. Let's see, ah. Kurohime is going to be me sealer in case of emergency. There are plenty of Mitsui who specialize in sealing as a secondary-" She stopped when arms wrapped around her shoulders from behind. She tilted her head up and blinked at the face looming over her.

Hara closed his eyes as he sighed. "Don't overwork yourself. You shouldn't have to." His raspy voice was low in a murmur. A smile caressed her sakura glossed lips. "It's fine. Anything I can do to help." She rests a hand on his arm to try and give a sign of physical reassurance. He took her hand and pulled her up out of the chair. She already caught on to why he was doing as she has gotten used to reading his actions. To her it was cute that he was a silent type. Luna chuckles inside her mind.

Kaiya walked beside the taller male through the streets of Suna. She was never bothered much by the sand and dry wind. Konoha was pretty hot too so the heat wasn't a issue. The day had passed by so quickly and Lira had already contacted her that her clan arrived in Konoha  few hours ago. Sadly that was the cue for her to come home. "One moment." Gaara brings her back to the present. They stopped at the familiar steamed meat bun stand. He buys a bag of them before grabbing her hand. He nods to the villagers when they greet him.

'So refined' Kaiya mused and started feeling a little self conscious. Here she is, a petite girl that hardly looks normal with wild hair she can never tame. Her eyes drifted down. It was silly of her. She shouldn't care about this anymore after confessing . She didn't want to curl back into her shell of worries again. A meat bun was in her sight when she refocused.  She takes it and bites into the bun. "Hold on." He says suddenly before picking her up in his arms. "W-what are you doing?!" The next thing she knew, they were in the air. He was using his sand to float up to the top of the wall. Gaara gently sets her back down. 

He could tell that at first she didn't understand until she looked out at the horizon

He could tell that at first she didn't understand until she looked out at the horizon. She stared in awe at the bright sunset, her wide eyes matching the color. "Firelight."

"Eh?" She turns to him, tilting her head.

"Your eyes. I have always described them with that word. The same as the sunset on the day I decided to take this path." He closed his eyes and crossed his arms as he usually did. "It wasn't only Naruto that made me have the desire to change." Gaara looks at her with a faint smile. Her cheeks were tinted pink as she watched the sun sink into the earth. Her eyelashes low and casting shadow over those bright orbs.

He stepped towards her and turned her body to face him, lifting her chin. "Before you said I didn't have to say this.  but now I want to.... Need to. I can not wait till after this war." He smiled when she looked off to the side. Slowly he leaned down and pressed his lips to hers. He was unsure at first when he felt her flinch but soon her stance relaxed.

Kaiya felt her heart beating a mile a minute as she closed her eyes. She felt his hand curl around the back of her neck and the other at her lower hip to keep himself stable. It slightly urked her that he hd to bend so much but she wasn't going to let her complex ruin the moment. He pulls back and stares into her eyes. "I suppose this is the part where I say it. I love you Kaiya Mitsu."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Kaiya? You feeling okay?" Kazuma asked, placing a hand on her shoulder.

She blinked a few times and shook her head. "I-I'm fine. Just thinking. Where was I.. yes.  We have information about the power they have. Clones by the thousands have been manufactured as soldiers but I doubt this will be their only tool. I suspect more powerful enemies by lesser numbers will join in. Like a group of alphas jumping into a hunt to help the weaker wolves. We need to install a second and a third wave if we can manage it." Kaiya huffs and looks to Tsunade that attended the meeting. "We will be mixed into the ranks according to skill as I have stated before. A trio for every ten men. Wolves like us stick in packs no matter how small. It will keep them at ease as well."

"Very well. sensei taught you well in strategy Kaiya. He would be proud of how much you are helping." Kaiya blushed, ears folding back and tail flicking  to the side. Kazuma wacked her on the head. "Ouch!"

"Your taking on a submissive stance. Remember you are our alpha right now until the war ends. Look strong." He scolds. She pouts and bites his hand. The old brown wolf howls in pain as she jumps out the window. "I'm gonna train now!"

"Get back here young lady! You need to stay in the meeting."

"Nope..... Now t find the girls."

To train I hope. Luna would have raised a brow if she could be seen. "No way! I want to have a girls night out." Sadly she didn't get that chance because Kakashi snatched her by the vest while flashing by. He gives his iconic eye smile. "Ugh... oh Kakashi.... there's something you want isn't there?"

He still smiled. "Yes. A important matter the Hokage gave me."

"Tsunade?"

"No." He opened his eyes and she instantly knew he was serious. Who he was talking about. "Papa?"

Kakashi nods and brings her to one of the training grounds. "Here." He tosses a red scroll at her. A summoning. "I know you already have your wolves but Azuma never took a shining to this. He might like you. Hiruzen shows in you alot."

........ "What's with everyone saying things like that. It's starting to get creepy." Unrolling the seal, she bites her hand to draw blood out of four puncture wounds and slammed it onto the ground, using the seal written. Out of smoke stood a familiar being. She blinked at it before grinning. "Oh so it's you Enma."

The monkey king looked down at her and chuckled. "I'm being summoned by the wolf brat who likes to ride on my head. Well now. Hiruzen never told me who would inherit my contract." He plopped his large hand down on her ears, flattening them. "I don't have any qualms with this agreement." Kaiya nodded and signed her name into the contract scroll. When Enma dispersed, the wolf Gil steeled herself for next plan of action. "Tell the others I will not be around for awhile. See you in cloud alright?"

"Wait, where are you going to go?"

She made the required hand seals. "Lira! Celestial forest reverse summoning."

(A very short chapter)