Chapter 23

Kaiya jumped back into their positions. The Raikage's began. "Now let's continue our discussion. The hidden leaf, the stone, the mist, the sand. The Akatsuki membership are composed of rouge shinobi from your villages. That's not all either. From our investigations we know that among you and the earlier kage, there are those who even used the Akatsuki."

Gaara lifted his head. "Used them?"

"And that's why I don't trust any of you. I have any interest in any discourse. But the reason I summoned you all to the summit is to openly question your loyalties!"

"What do you mean by using them?"

"You're the Kazekage yet you don't know? You of the sand had previously used the Akatsuki in battle." Kaiya began to do a recap on what he meant. The tsuchikage spoke about the hindrances of military and Gaara started to understand. "The kage will realize that one way to avoid that risk is to use mercenary soldiers namely soldiers from the Akatsuki."

"It takes effort and money to cultivate accomplished ninja from within ones own village. The Akatsuki is made up of experienced professionals, further more they can be hired quite cheeply. Best of all their soldiers have always delivered superior results." The tsuchikage states.

Raikage scowls. "Don't be pompous. The sand once used the Akatsuki to try to destroy the leaf." Kaiya figured it out but to further verify the conclussio, she listened more. "I'm talking about Orochimaru though he may have already left the Akatsuki by then. But as a result your father and the third hokage Hiruzen perished."

Temari noticed Kaiya stiffen. No doubt replaying her adoptive fathers last moments when she saw him alive. The large dark skinned man continues still. "It's also hard to dismiss the possibility this was all part of a larger plot." His eyes look towards Donzo before looking at the only female kage present. "But the most suspicious at all is the hidden mist. The mist never engages in diplomacy sand it's rumored that the Akatsuki also started there!"

The beautiful lady looked down. "Since it has come to this, I must be honest. We suspect that someone from behind the scenes was manipulating Yagura. The man who was Mizukage before me. There's a possibility that, that someone was the Akatsuki and that...is exactly why I didn't want to talk big."

The Raikage growled. "Each and every one of you."

"Before you start arguing over each other's merits I would like to state the point I was about to make earlier."

Kaiya narrowed her eyes. "It's probable that the leader of the Akatsuki is Madara Uchiha." That made everyone in the room freeze.

Mizu-Sama was the first to speak. "Are you sure of that?"

Gaara looked over at Danzo with doubt.   "But how can that be possible? Hasn't he been dead for several decades?"

Little old man agreed. She really didn't care to listen to his words at all. "Well I don't know all of the details but the information is quite a reliable source."

Black kage stood. She was slowly coming up with shortened nicknames for all of them. "Are you saying he's immortal?"

"Perhaps."

"So he's some inhuman monster...."

Mifune cleared his throat. "I'd like to say this as a leader of a neutral nation, The leader of the Akatsuki has been able to read the times well despite stabilizing, the great nations harbor suspicions about each other. The Akatsuki seized onto that weakness to amass its power."

"Get to the point." Black kage orders.

"Now please just calm down. We can turn this misfortune into a blessing, it's very rare for all five kage to convene in one location. What do you all say to this: until the Akatsuki are disposed of, why not establish the worlds first allies shinobi forces of five hidden villages?"