Chapter 8

"What's wrong Gaara?" The blonde kunoichi asked her brother who was currently preparing a cup of coffee. What started as a way to regulate his sleep pattern has become a concerning addiction to the caffeinated drink. "Nothing." He mumbled.

    "You've been drinking coffee non stop, something is up so tell me." Temari scowled, not showing any sign of backing down.

    Gaara sighed at her persistence. It was a week since that incident. Kaiya was nearly abducted. She would have if he didn't decide to return her headband in person. He still wasn't exactly sure why he wanted to do it himself in the first place. Perhaps he just wanted to get out of the office for a moment. No matter the reason, he was glad he was able to stop the kidnapping. "Well?" His sister's voice pulled him away from his thoughts.

    "Orochimaru sent someone to take her."

"Kaiya? He made a move already?!" Temari stood, slamming her hands onto the table. Though she hadn't known Kaiya for a very long time, the Mitsu gained her favor a few years back.. Even though the sand were the enemy at the time, Kaiya jumped to her aid after Gaara slammed her into a tree.  "Wait. You were in your office all day....weren't you?"

    He knew this would happen but it's hard to avoid Temari's meddling. "In a way." He drinks his coffee, looking away. "Gaara." She says again more forcefully, brow raised. The read head let out a long sigh. "I returned something she left and a sand clone took my place."

   "I knew it! Your a horrible liar you know that baby bro?" This prompts yet another sigh. Gaara drinks the rest of his third cup of coffee. He felt worried. What if the snake tries trapping the wolf again?

                                                        ________________________________

           Kaiya stood in the training grounds practicing her newest jutsu. The electric claw. She observed Sasuke  at the chunnin exams. Using the idea of the chidori, instead of creating a ball of energy she would direct the chakra into her fingertips. After that she would morph her nails into claws as a substitute for the blade part of the chidori. So far she hasn't been able to make it last for an attack. The jutsu falters before she hits anything. 

    The last time she tried it out was three years ago. Maybe now she would be able to use it properly. Concentrating, She lifted her hand and shifted her nails first. The fingers trembled from remembering the horrible accident she had resulting in burning down the camp she was living in at the time. "Okay.....deep breath." Closing her eyes she began focusing the lightning nature chakra. The crackling sound of electricity reached her ears  and soon after the vibrations circulated throughout her hand.

     When she opened her eyes, she was shocked by the form it took. Black lightning sparked around her claws. "Lira!" The she wolf appeared  immediately. "What is this?" She held out the sparking hand. "Incredible. Your mother had a special lightning nature, looks like you've inherited it."

   Kaiya stared at the hand. "Mom's?" So, she left her with something other than the house. With tha motivation, she raised her hand and slashed it downwards through the air. The black lightning danced forth, exploding the log in front of her. Splinters of charred wood rain down. "This lightning is powerful." She murmurs.

    Lira was giving a odd look again but she dismissed it. "Hey! Kaiya!" She turned around and saw her friends. Ino, Choji, Sakura, Naruto, but then there was a extra. A pasty pale boy with black hair. For a moment she thought it was Sasuke but after a second glance, there were many differences.

     She adjusted the mesh wristlets on her arms and jumped down the steps leading down to the road. "Hey guy's what's up?"

    Ino smiled, it was her loud voice that called out. She was a natural sensory nin, knew she was on the training ground without seeing her. "We are going to the barbecue. Oh and this is Sai, he's new to team Kakashi." A stand in? And only four years ago she was an extra. The Sai fella gave a very Kakashi like closed eye smile. "Hello I'm Sai, uh.....Mutt."