Chapter 14

Kaiya regained her composure after seeing the two people that she hated most. "I need to catch up with Asuma. They were going his way." She mumbled to herself before running to the area Asu-nii was assigned to. It didn't take long. She saw the team up ahead hiding in the trees, looking over a restroom building. "I'm here." She whispered beside her brother. He nodded silently.

    Her ears witch when she heard the sound of the door. Out came the silver haired man. He took a seat on the steps, right in the open. "That's Hidan..." She informed everyone. She listened closely and scowled. "What is it?" Shikamaru asked. "He's complaining about his clothes stinking, he's got some nerve." She huffed and dropped down. "Show time for you guy's." She gave them a signal and everyone darted to different positions.

    Her job was to watch, nothing more. Even though she would like to take part in it. All she needs to do is observe how the Akatsuki fight. She flinched when she heard mettle collide. It's started. Asuma had snuck up behind him. Hidan throws his scythe but it misses, digging the points into the concrete platform. Izumo and Kotetsu stab their blades through his vital spots as Shikamaru captures him in his shadow possession.

    The akatsuki didn't die though. He kept standing there. "Ow that hurts. Who are you people." She took out a scroll and started writing information down after activating her presence cloak. Immortal eh? We'll see if that's true soon enough.

    She looked up and saw another man coming up behind Shikamaru. Quickly she flashed towards him and grabbed him, pulling him out of the way. The Nara's eyes widen but then they had the look of recognition. He knew if she spoke then her jutsu would end, giving away that there was an observer. The mans fist destroyed that area of the roof, sending debris flying. "Thanks Kaiya." He whispered. After a brisk nod she vanished before the dust cleared.

    Lira gave her a scolding look but Kaiya ignored her. As Shikamaru ran, Kakuzu gave chase but Asuma jumped in between the two in order to defend his student. "Kotetsu, Izumo! Retreat." The two men jumped back and now all four members of the squad were back to back. Kaiya bit her lip, wanting to help them, no, she wanted to kill those akatsuki. They were the ones that ripped her parents out of her life. The black wolf seemed to sense the hostile feelings and nudged her. "I know it's hard, but keep calm."

"For once you struck gold Hidan." Kakuzu said, looking at Asuma. "Just stay out of this alright? I want these guys for my ritual."

"Very well. But don't get careless, or your dead."

   Hidan began drawing something on the ground with his own blood. "Not that again. Buzz off will you? Believe me, I wish someone would kill me. But that's, not possible." He spoke with a serious face and by the time he stopped talking, the symbol he was drawing was complete. Wish to be killed? So he's immortal. He feels pain and bleeds but he can't die. Asu-nii looked back at the others, telling them a plan. A crazy one at that. Shikamaru caught on to how it wasn't like him at all.

    Luckily he reassured them that he wasn't going to be a sacrifice. "Are you finished strategizing yet?" The silver haired akatsuki drawled with annoyance. He removed Izumo and Kotetsu's blades from his body as if they were just splinters. The smell of pungent blood drifted to her nose, making her cringe. The beast side of her wolf also took notice unfortunately. Damn, now she had to try harder to stay calm. "What pests you are, poking me right and left. The gods shall punish those who don't understand the pain of others."

      This made both the Mitsu and her beast growl. Shaking her head, she began writing information down. Slow attack speed, immortal,.... The fight began once more. He threw one of the blades and Asuma charged while Shikamaru used shadow stitching. "That's a nifty little weapon you got there." He jumped to dodge the shadows and launched the second blade. Asuma deflects, shattering the metal. The scythe that was being pulled along almost nicked Asu-nii. Such a slow weapon is easy to dodge though.